or Connect

Posts by chiromama01

Rosie, my mom saw how freaked out I was when she fed him 6 oz while I was away for only an hour, and has since been much more careful with the amount she gives him. 20 oz does seem like a lot. And it's especially difficult for u, the momma to advise on other soothing techniques because he can nurse and comfort suck without depleting you stash! I don't have much in the way of other techniques for C. I do use a pacifier though, and I usually suggest going for a walk...
So after multiple days of seeing my sweet buy lunge toward any plate of food with his eyes wide and his mouth open I decided to start some solids. Oh my goodness he loves him some food! So far we've done oatmeal and bananas, separately, and he is definitely a fan!
Oh my goodness just back from a hurricane evacuation! I'm completely exhausted but we are safe and dry so all is well. We don't usually levae for a category one storm but with the new levee system the area I live I seems to take on more water...and boy did it. I'm praying that my kids school(which was supposed to start on Tuesday) is still dry too! Otherwise I'll have to come up with a quick plan B for child care! Much love to all and I will be back soon for personals!
Aww saudade, so glad it went well! We aren't there yet but I think it will be soon!
Adore-- I'm super sporadic with well baby visits. Never did them with dd. took ds to his 2 month but not his 4 month. Will probably take him in soon because are watching him for strabismus. Canu look for a diff doc who's office is cleaner? I know with not vax it's harder to find docs...
so very very very tired.  just popped in to ask a quick question... anyone else dealing with hair loss?? I'm losing lots of hair.  i know my thyroid is gearing down since i'm not pregnant now, but this is ridiculous.  i'm literally getting bald spots.  if only you ladies know my hair.  it's iconic.  thick, long, and ridiculously curly.  it's how people identify me.  to a large extent, it's how i identify myself.  and now, bald spots. really?? i don't mean to sound so...
my back up plan would be a taxi cab. dont think i would trust drivers at that time of night.  thats just me, though.  good luck mama.
We've had the exact same pattern at out house. DS started off doing great in his crib till about 2, then he'd come nurse and sleep with me till it was time to get moving. Now, not so much.  He's in our bed by 11.  Last night was the first night I nursed him (in our bed) then consistently put him back in his swing (next to our bed) so that I could get some rest too.    Re swaddling:  I still swaddle Collin becuase he wakes himself up too.  I don't see any reason to...
I thought it was super cute that he appreciates my contribution so much.   its exciting to start a new chapter Courtney! But i'm sure your family will miss having you at home!   arby, that does sound really rough.  what about spoon feeding also? or using a straw to drop some milk in his mouth?  but hey, if he's content, nobody ever starved over an 8 hour period.  Hopefully when he's more comfortable with the daycare ladies he will be more willing to take a...
thanks for being a part of mothering lauren!!