or Connect

Posts by AoxoA

I interviewed with Dr. Dickerson and she is very likable, easy to get along with.  She is someone you can work with.   She is very pro-vax as per her training and AAP.   She will agree to Dr. Sears alternative vax schedule.  So, thats good for those who want to delay.   She will take non-vaxers but wants you to sign the AAP's Refusal to Vaccinate form.  The language on this AAP form is really bad---it list the "consequences may include" of not vaccinating and...
I interviewed with Dr. Dickerson and she is very likable. She does have privileges at Texas Children's (Med Center).   She is very pro-vax per her training and the AAP.   She will agree to Dr. Sears alternative vax schedule. So, that's good for those who want to delay.   She will take non-vaxers but wants you to sign the AAP's “Refusal to Vaccinate” form.  The language on this AAP form is really bad---it list the "consequences may include" of not vaccinating...
I think Children's is pro vax all the way and are insisting their affiliates adopt the same philosophy.  Pedis rewarded for immunization efforts:   http://www.texaschildrens.org/parents/tipsarticles/ArticleDisplay.aspx?aid=1321  
I am also looking for the same.  Let us know how your experience with Dr. Dickerson turns out.  I live downtown so Sugarland is a bit of a drive, but i go there if i must to find a doctor who doesn't blindly follow pharm-sponsored AAP.  
I'm bumping this up cause I am on the search for a Pedi.  I live downtown Houston.  I'd like to find one who is mother empowering rather than "do as i say, cause i say."
The waiver also serves to let the attendant know that it is considered battery if she goes against our wishes.  It also provides education / info for CPS to read if they come visit us.  How can we get this law off the books?  Any organizations working to get it done?
We decided to do the vit-k shot but will refuse the hep-b and eye ointment.  We have put together signed waivers similar to the ones here:   http://www.sagemama.net/uploads/refusal_of_hepatitis_B_vaccination.pdf   http://www.sagemama.net/uploads/refusal_of_eye_prophylaxis.pdf   Since it is hard to find a like minded Pedi with hospital privileges we may not list a Pedi. Also, i heard that CPS doesn't want to be bothered with eye ointment refusals.  I think i...
We intend to refuse the Hep B, eye ointment and possibly the Vit-K as well.   I found Dr. Injac's name on our group forum and he is said to be Very parent-empowering, allows parents to make their own choices without judgement, etc...And he is a pediatrician who has hospital privileges at Texas Children's Hospital.   However, I just called Dr. Injac's office and it turns out Dr. Injac does not want to take on new patients who do not want to follow hospital...
I found Dr. Injac's name on our group forum and he is said to be Very parent-empowering, allows parents to make their own choices without judgement, etc...   However, I just called Dr. Injac's office cause i need a pediatrician who has hospital rights at Texas Children's Hospital.  We intend to refuse the Hep B, eye ointment and possibly the K as well.   It turns out Dr. Injac does not want to take on new patients who do not want to follow hospital...
Hello everyone-   I am 8 weeks pregnant and looking to have a natural child birth at St. Luke's in Houston.  I want to see Dr. Dryden.  However, she only accepts new patients who have a referral from existing or previous patients.   I am looking for someone who is able and willing to be my referral?   Thanks for your time!