or Connect

Posts by zuzusplace

Yeah Rosie, the possibility that this little one could be here in as little as 2 weeks is kind of terrifying!!! I don't have charts or anything unfortunately, any other pregnancy or even any other time in life I would have certainly had them, but with the fire we were barely thinking straight and moving forward day to day let alone doing responsible things like tracking cycles. I do know my midwife asked at one point if I was maybe a little further (I think centered...
I texted my MW and she said we can talk about it in detail tonight, but didn't seem too worried...she didn't even seem to think that the 1 hr GTT numbers were so bad that it indicated huge problems. I'm going to check my sugars all day today so that when I see her tonight we can address the issue and see if things have changed since last time I was doing 4x a day tracking.   I did have an interesting thought last night though that might explain a LOT! I was pregnant...
I see my midwife tomorrow and we're going to talk. It seems to me she was happy with the numbers I was getting and never questioned the size or health of my youngest. I always nurse early and often (unless the hospital gets in the way....which won't happen in home birth). I'm going to spend the next week or so keeping even better track, like 4 times a day, of the numbers so I have something to go on.   And thank you Ashley, how did I know you'd come through with...
  So I was in the OB ER last night, I was having contractions every 4 minutes for several hours and they were getting more painful. On top of that my cervix is now anterior, somewhat shortened, "mushy" and 2cm OS/1cm IS. They were able to stop things with large amounts of fluid and some drugs, but I'm now on almost complete bed rest. Unfortunately they did an U/S , which would have been fine normally, but they found out that at 30 weeks baby is measuring 34 weeks. They...
The henna can last anywhere from 1 week to 4 weeks (I guess some women are even luckier than that).  The person who did it charged me $60 an hour to come to the house and do it, which is a bit expensive, but it's something I really wanted so it was sort of like a present to myself LOL. DH said I looked so relaxed when she was doing it, and that it's so fun to look at, that he'll pay her to come one more time before the baby is born if I want! I'd definitely recommend it...
  So, here is my 29 week belly photo (not quite profile, but gotta love the henna).    
Wow, how is it that I keep thinking I'll have more time and then I still don't find time to be here??? Maybe I should give up one of the 500 snacks I'm eating every day and use that 15 minutes to post LOL.   Potty Training - DD has not really started this yet, but given the fact that it seems to be trauma based (she was mid-training when we had the fire) I expect she'll take her time and that's fine. For now I will just relish the fact that she hasn't nursed in 4...
DH's level of involvement has differed with each birth, as has the form, I think mostly because the first three were in the hospital and the environment of the staff, etc dictated how things flowed. For my homebirth, he was there every second providing emotional support, making sure I had the things I needed, and eventually in the final stages doing things like supporting me so I could get into different positions. I assume it'll be pretty much the same this time (only...
Have to add myself as another one that loves prettyisa's suggestion!
Wow, I'm really very sorry you are going through this. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better, but I know there's not. We will all be wishing the best for you, and any time you need to talk we will be here to listen. Big hugs to you!!!