or Connect

Posts by AllNatural

Well, I didn't see anyone else mention this, so I thought I would. I took a peanut butter jar lid and traced around it on a piece of light cardboard. I had an old t-shirt I was cutting 6x6 squares from to use as cloth tp and I used a disappearing sewing marking pen to trace circles from the scrap fabric. Then I put three rounds together and serged the edges. Did this with some flannel scraps, too. Works great for using with toner on my face. You could do them in squares,...
Zhlake, Cantaloupe makes great smoothies. Cut it in chunks and freeze it. It is really good with frozen strawberries. Here are two *recipes*. The amounts are guestimates...go with what looks good to you. I do something different every time! Orange you Glad smoothie 1 cup frozen cantaloupe 1/2 cup frozen peach slices 1/4 cup orange juice 2 ice cubes 1 cup carrot juice Cantaloupe medley fruit smoothie 1 cup frozen cantaloupe 3-5 frozen strawberries 1/2 cup...
Yeah, well, the jokes in my family are "Don't sit anywhere for too long or Kate'll throw you out" and "hang onto your plate or she'll take it before you're finished". I can't stand having stuff all over the place so I'm always throwing stuff out as soon as I realize I'm not going to use it. What I really need to do is stop buying stuff I don't need because IT'S ON SALE. Books are what I have trouble parting with. I wear tanks all the time, too. They're the best for...
You guys always have such great ideas. I managed to decide on colors this week. Navy, denim, berry, pink, burgundy, blue, violet, cream. And for now I'm going to keep my black and white items until I can gradually switch them to navy or cream. I'm thinking I might add khaki at some point since it would work well with almost all of my other colors. I saw some pictures of myself in black a few weeks ago. It is NOT my color. But would you believe that 90% of my clothes are...
Well, the reason babies and young children shouldn't have licorice is because it can make the body increase the elimination of potassium. People on some medications like corticosteroids (asthma med) also aren't supposed to have it.
SarahNH, Thanks! Your post was super helpful. I've also been keeping a small duffle bag of too small clothes! I've lost 50 lbs in the last few of years and seem to lose a few more each year as I tweak my diet into no meat, no sugar and now trying no dairy & eggs. This year, I brought clothes in three sizes because I wasn't sure how it would go. I've started opting for elastic in the waist so if I lose a little weight...it doesn't fall off. I love the six or seven color...
Okay, ladies. I just KNOW you guys are LOTS more knowledgeable on this than I am. I love finding bargains both new and used, but tend to buy clothes based on price rather than usefulness. Hence, I've ended up with lots of clothes (I get hand-me-downs from lots of sources too) and only one or two ITEMS I actually like wearing. I've discovered www.stylemakeovers.com and it helped me find my colors (I love their quiz and it was free!) so I think that will help. They also had...
I really liked her More Hours in my Day, 15 Minute Home Organizer, and Survival for the Busy Woman. I really, really want her books on christmas organizing. Love her emphasis on family. And her purse organization was great, I can find things! There's so much "Flylady" stuff though, I was just curious if anybody else liked Emilie Barnes. Kate
I would second the caffeine free stuff. I love rooibos tea. One caution on the herbal teas though, be careful about giving young children any herbal teas with things like echinacea (can cause allergic reaction in those allergic to ragweed), lemongrass and other things that might cause allergic reactions. Those are just two that come to mind. But anything that might cause an allergic reaction in an adult is more dangerous for children...especially if your child has asthma....
Celestial Seasonings makes a tea for children, too, btw. Kate