or Connect

Posts by remymom

Hi everyone,   DS just turned 2. Our sleeping habit since he was 6 MO, has been him starting the night in his crib. He'll then wake up at varying times (I stopped checking the time) but it could be anytime from 11:30-3 or 5. It's not so consistent. He then spends the rest if the night in our bed. He'll have good phases where he'll sleep well with us and almost not wake much. However now he's taken to the habit of drinking water from a bottle throughout the night and...
Hi Talja,   I'm not sure where you'll be living in the city or if you speak French. I did baby yoga classes at Soham Yoga, but there are lots of places. You'll also want to hang out at Tasse Gamine, a really fun baby café. I used to go to a community centre (Espace Famille Villeray) during my mat leave where they had all sorts of activities for moms and babies. There's also a email group for moms on the Plateau.  Good luck! Let me know when you arrive and maybe we...
thanks so much for your answers. I got busy and forgot to reply. DS really stopped nursing about 6 weeks ago so it's over. I'm somewhat sad about it. I met with my doctor this week and she said that Concerta is compatible with nursing but since it's a new drug the studies are limited. The idea of any of that drug being released in breast milk is still disturbing to me. Anyhow, this being my first child, it's all a learning process. Something tells me I'd continue...
Dear Dr. Markham,   DS is 16 months old and we have a hair pulling problem. I've seen several threads on this forum but very few people seem to have found a solution. DS has always been into pulling my and my husband's hair, even from the time he was a small infant. However in the last months, I feel the pulling is almost like an urge that he can't resist and it's definitely a self-soothing thing for him. Our pediatrician said I should put him down and say no every...
Did you find a solution?
I only have one child but he's 16 months and been doing this for at least 6 months. I've tried everything and am really fed up!
Hi everyone,   Well our mattress is 11 years old so we're ready for an upgrade. I'm thinking of going to king since our almost 16 month-old is only getting bigger. Mattress shopping is totally overwhelming and ready about how toxic conventional mattresses are is quite upsetting! Does anyone have any mattress brands to recommend? Ideally I'm looking to spend 1500$ or less. I notice that IKEA has a pretty affordable model...
My 14 month old son also seems to be in between W and kneeling position. He's unable to sit cross-legged and doesn't seem super comfortable with his legs in front of him (for playing at least). I try to correct W position as much as possible. I was wondering if he lacked abs to sit in another position. I read W position gives them the most balance even though it's incorrect posture.
Hi ladies,   I've thought about writing about my experience here but had been feeling that I was the only one who would know what felt right. But maybe some of you have been through this and can share your experiences.   My DS, now 14 months, exclusively breastfed up to almost a year (well solids as of 5.5 months). He started daycare at 10 months and I pumped every evening for 3 months. For sure my production went down since I only pumped at night but it never...
Thanks for sharing Redmom. I just posted something but I seem to be in a similar situation as you all. I'll give your way a try.