or Connect

Posts by ~Nikki~

I'm about 10 minutes apart, and they freaking HURT.  I got out of bed about half an hour ago, am making some tea to see if I can get them to pick up at all, and then going back to bed if nothing more happens.  It's like 3:30am here.  Been at 10 minutes apart for about an hour and a half, by my sleepy calculations.  Hopefully something progresses because I'm so tired of these fake-out contractions I've been having for the past week and a half.
Jeez I sure hope so.  DH has been predicting a June 15th birth since the start, and he doesn't know about the full moon thing.  He's often bang-on with his predictions (he was adamant from the start that it'd be a girl despite all my "it's totally a boy" signs that were the same as with my son; he's guessing a 6lb 9oz birth despite the fact that the other two were 8 and a half pounds....my u/s last week showed the baby hovering around 6lbs...)   I really hope he's...
Phew I think I dodged that bullet.  They just emailed me to let me know the meeting was never confirmed, so they won't be making it up this way after all.  They did, however, make sure to let me know they'll be up after baby's birth to "help".  I plan on putting a ban on visits for the first week, as much as I can. I know there will be drop-in's and even people coming to the hospital (unless I manage to escape 3 hours after the birth as planned!) but I hope to stall on...
I had a trainee midwife do some of my exams over the past few months.  She's a total newbie, and several times accidentally grabbed my lady bits while fishing around to find the top of my pelvis for measurements.  She was also absolutely terrified of pressing into my belly at all to listen for the heartbeat, so there were several times she freaked me out by going "Uh there's no heartbeat."  Jeez kid, grow a brain!!  She was young, though.  I think first year med school?...
Thanks guys.  What concerns me is that I really don't know WHAT he told them.  And judging from his track record, he does like to tell stories.  I did leave him because he's a pathological liar and I couldn't cope with it anymore, among other things.  My son told me that daddy is leaving because we fight.  Uh...we've been split up for 2 years, and barely speak aside from when we have to.  Yes, there have been a handful of over-the-phone or email fights about kid-related...
  So Ex was supposed to take the kids this past weekend.  He texts me Friday at 1pm and says "Hey can I get them early today?  Like soon?  We're going to the cottage so I want to make the most of the time."  I mull it over for a few minutes, in the middle of the grocery store, and text back that they're out of school at 2:30, I have an appointment at 3:30 and if he wants them he needs to be at my house by 3 or the kids are coming with me to my appointment.  I then...
Guatemama, from what my midwife explained, there are some risks involved.  Mainly the possibility of the placenta being pulled away, cord accidents, or the version triggering labour.  I know a couple of people "in real life" who have had them, and didn't have anything dangerous happen.  But in both cases they were unsuccessful (one couldn't be flipped, one flipped back a couple days later..stubborn baby!) 
Not gonna lie..I've gone a little postal. ;)  I went shopping today to spend a couple baby shower gift cards, and was more than snappy a few times.  And of course contractions started again halfway through the shopping trip.  But am I having my baby? Nope!!  ARrrghhhhhh!!!
Hopefully baby turns for you.  The night I wrote this post, I did every single "internet" trick I could find.  Laying upside down against an ironing board, ipod headphones down the pants playing music to lure the baby down, also shining a flashlight down there to attract the baby to flip, along with a hot pad/cold pad combo (cold on top of the belly, hot near the pelvis).  I did the same the next night, and could feel some pretty heavy moving in there, and by Wednesday's...
Snowflake, have you tried chiropractic care yet?  I have SPD and it's done wonders for me.  The baby's head is lodged in the pelvis pretty nicely now, so it seems to be keeping everything in place and I have far less pain.  Oh, I've forced myself to try walking to get things started, and all I end up with is an irritable uterus that throws contractions at me for a few hours, but they ALWAYS go away as soon as I lay down in bed.  It sucks!  I wish the baby would just...