or Connect

Posts by ~Nikki~

I have reached the point where I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever.  I've had signs of labour for over a week now, and nothing.  Diareah, constant contractions (painful, but tolerable) that always go away when I go to bed, nausea, energy spurts, loss of plug, extreme pressure and cervical twinges...  I feel like I've been in early labour for a flipping week, and I've lost complete faith that my body knows what it's doing.  If there was nothing going on, it...
Ah yes, I remember the pain of being stuck with the damn thing, too.  It's the reason I ended up in the hospital for longer than I would have liked, as they "didn't have anyone to remove it." WTF is that??  I slept the first night with it in, and wanted to be released in the morning.  Trouble was, there were no doctors on the floor.  It was the only thing holding them back from releasing me.  Finally I flagged down a student doctor and made them take it out, threatening...
I know we're all hormonal basket-cases right now, but this post made me cry.  I'm so happy for you that your new baby is helping to heal your heart.  I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you.  
Might be your mucous plug?  It also could just be irritation from the attempted sweep.  My understanding is that it can cause a bit of bleeding.
Not unreasonable if you desperately don't want it, but I don't think they're that big of a deal.  There's a lot more discomfort going on than the hep-lock in the heat of labour!  I'm having one, because I tend to bleed a lot after the baby is born, so they're going to take preventative measures this time and give me something immediately after baby comes, just in case.  I'm comfortable with this.  I also have to have constant fetal monitoring (hospital policy for a...
Frustrated with my baby sister today.  She just doesn't get it.  Yes, I'm insensitive and hormonal.  Stupid comments are going to make me batty, deal with it.  Like, is it REALLY necessary to keep saying things like "I'm so impatient for the baby to come.  Hurry up and have her!!"  Yeah, I'll get right on that?   I told her to back off with the comments because they were making me mental.  After all, I'm only 38 weeks.  It realistically could be four more weeks!  And she...
Baby is officially head-down!  Looks like all the internet flipping tricks may have worked.  And the u/s tech confirmed that yes, she's still a girl. =)  Everything else looks great.  Looks like DH is going to be very close to his guess of 6lbs 9oz as baby's weight.  Seems random, given that my last two were 8lbs 6oz and 8lbs 7oz...nowhere near close to six pounds.  But the measurements show that she's just over 6lbs, currently.  So she'll be a small fry compared to the...
Haha I totally did the same thing on Monday.  I wasn't even thinking about it, then had this sudden urge to transfer all my appointments from my agenda to my wall calendar.  I pulled out my agenda, saw I had an appointment at 1:45.  I looked up at the clock.  It was 1:43.  Ooops.  I called right away and luckily they were willing to wait around for me, haha.  It was a bit of a rush, though!     The ants seem to be tapering down.  I put a line of salt along the door jamb...
Hard contractions yesterday from about 4:30pm until after 9pm.  Then nothing.  WTF IS WRONG WITH MY BODY???  I kept telling myself that maybe my body's just trying to flip the baby into a good position.  It hurt so bad, though.  About an 8 on the pain scale, so not as bad as it's GOING to get, but up there for sure.  They stayed between 5-7 minutes apart for a few hours of it, and I was almost sure this was it.  But nope...  I went up to bed and they all but stopped.  I...
I'm 38 weeks, suspected breech (grrr) and have been contracting for the past couple days, roughly 10 minutes apart.  I'm assuming it's my body trying to flip the baby.  Nothing really productive otherwise is happening.  They don't get closer together or more intense or anything.  I've also had diareah for like 3 days, which is really super unpleasant.  No loss of plug or anything, so I'm sure labour is still awhile away.   I hate not knowing what's going on.  I have...