or Connect

Posts by ~Nikki~

I'd just start making things up to mess with them.   "When are you due?" - "In four months.  I'm having sextuplets."   "Is it a boy or a girl?" - "Both!  I'm having a hermaphrodite."   "Wow are you sure there aren't two in there?" - "Yeah, there are, but I'm getting rid of one.  Want it?  Five bucks or best offer."
Hah I actually have to go into work today for a lovely "pizza lunch" to meet the new director of our department.  So I'm REALLY looking forward to all the stupid comments I would typically get there.   "Wow are you sure it isn't twins?"   "You're not due until WHEN?  I bet they have the date wrong."   "Wow don't pop in the elevator."   "You're still here??"   "Jeez hurry up and have that baby already."   "Hey, you sure there aren't two in there?...
Well that was a frustrating 38 week appt.  The last thing you want to hear from your midwife at 38 weeks is "Hmm, do you mind if I send you for an ultrasound?"  I'm hoping and praying that baby isn't actually breech as suspected. =(  It'll mean, best case scenario, managing to flip her within the next couple of weeks, or worst case, another c-section.  Another hospital in the area will also allow me to try a vaginal breech delivery, but my experience with this hospital...
I just got back from my 38 week midwife appointment.   She's pretty sure baby is breech. =(   She's had perfect position up until this point, I'm so frustrated.  I'm going for an ultrasound on Wednesday to confirm, but she found the heartbeat closer to my chest than my pelvis, so she's strongly suspecting that baby has flipped.  I kind of figured something was wrong with how long she was taking finding the heartbeat.  And then "Would you mind if I sent you for an...
Congrats!  And can I just say you look awesome at 8cm into labour, haha.  I would have never guessed it!
I just heard thumping on the back deck and looked out to see that half the flipping neighbourhood is here.  It's a PA day at school, so all the kids are home today.  If the neighbour's kids start asking me to fill up their water guns every 5 minutes, I'm going to flip!  That was my weekend.  I don't want to do it today.   Kids are already lathered up in sunscreen and outside in their new sprinkler.  One of their new sprinklers...  We had their birthday party on the...
You remind me of my step-mother, who shielded from us how she really felt about our fair-weather mother for years, which I totally respect her for looking back on it now.  It's so frustrating to do and do and do for a child, only to have the "real" parent swoop in and instantly achieve hero status for one measly little gesture.   The kid is a genius, you don't need to worry.  He'll figure it all out if he hasn't already.  I know I did.
Well I'm sitting up, still awake, been contracting since I first posted (an hour and a half ago it looks like?)  This has happened before, though.  I'm Captain Contractions anytime I want to get some sleep!!  I can still hear DH upstairs snoring away despite the breath rite strip I made him put on, haha, so bed is pointless right now.  He'll keep me awake if the contractions don't.   I'm busy putting together a playlist that I may or may not use during labour.  Last...
Congrats!  Yay, a birth! =)   I am awake.  It is just past midnight.  My partner fell asleep on the couch, and his snoring woke me up from downstairs!  I shouted for him to get up to bed, nothing.  Yelled again.  Nothing.  Banged on the wall.  Nothing.  Clapped really loud.  Nothing.  This from a guy who is worried about a newborn keeping him up at night because he's a "very light sleeper."  Yeah right!  Anyway so upon waking up I got the absolute WORST...