or Connect

Posts by ~Nikki~

No regrets, and I've co-slept with ALL of mine.   We decided to co-sleep with #3 because the older two are school aged, and I didn't want to disrupt them with crying baby sounds all night.  Having her in the bed means virtually no crying (and yes, there are exceptions, but so rare that it's not even a factor).  The baby is 18 months old, now, and we have no intentions on moving her to her bed anytime soon. We both love it!  She's cuddly and wonderful.  She doesn't...
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.  Wow, lots to sift through!  I'm making a huge effort to spend more one-on-one time with her, but it's so hard to balance everything.  I have three kids, one of which is a nursing baby.  I have a partner who feels neglected when I concentrate all of my time on the kids.  I just feel like I'm failing, all the time, because I can't build up one relationship without letting another slip.  It's really hard to juggle all of...
My son "self punishes", which is weird enough in itself.  But he also won't come down from these self-induced time-outs, quite often.  He'll either tell me that he's still in trouble and isn't allowed to come down (???) or he'll sometimes fall asleep, because the reason for him being in such a crummy mood was that he was over-tired.  If he falls asleep, I let him sleep.  If he doesn't want to come down, I'll tell him I love him and would love to spend time with him when...
I brought it up with her doctor recently, and he gave me a list of child psychologists I cannot afford.  (Three hundred dollars an hour?  Really?  Who can afford that???)  I was trying to get her in through a local group program that helps kids going through divorce/grief, as it might help her to have other kids to talk to about it all.  She's the only one of her friends with divorced parents, currently.  I have her talking to the guidance councellor at school, already. ...
Maybe it is normal.  The whole "pre-teen" thing.  My daughter used to be insanely helpful.  Happy.  We would talk about anything together.  She would beg to help out around the house.  Would happily go for walks with us as a family.    Now, everything is different.   I don't know what caused it, but there are a few contributing factors.  Her father (we are divorced) returned to the country this year and started seeing her and her brother again.  He then got...
Welcome to the forum!  Wow, you're in quite the situation!  The only thing I can suggest (and it's easier said than done) is make sure to take time for you and your DH in all of this insanity.  We had a baby early in our relationship, as well.  While we were still sorting out the rest of it all.  And we found that for the first bit of our relationship, the massive amount of stress (from blending a family, to later on a pregnancy, to dealing with a horrid, cruel ex)...
I could have written your initial post.  I know exactly where you're coming from.  My children also have a fairweather father.  Theirs tends to pop into their lives when he's trying to impress a woman with his "stellar" parenting skills.  He uses them.  He is ONLY involved in their lives when he's dating someone with children.  Our situation is different in that we actually began with 50/50 custody, but slowly and over time, that regressed to 70/30 and then 90/10, and...
Thanks so much for the responses.  I haven't been back because I've been dealing with the crazy drama-bomb that this whole thing created.  Her father emailed me.  It was a 10 paragraph email full of wild accusations he claims are from the kids. I have been physically ill for nearly a week about this whole thing.  I have no idea how to proceed.  He wants custody.  He wants to switch them to his step-daughter's school.  This is coming completely out of left field.  He has...
I have two children, but this post mainly concerns my daughter, who is nine.  The kids' father has been mostly absent from their lives since our separation.  He takes them sporadically on weekends, but has gone up to 6 months without seeing them or speaking to them at all.  The kids went through a period of blaming themselves for this, and it was really hard to help them heal from all of it.  Their father recently remarried, immediately got his new wife pregnant (she...
Glad to hear everything went well!  I'm also a second time VBAC'er. ;)  My summary:   1) Baby 1: Fourty-four hours of labour after being admitted to the hospital, had an epidural after hour 20ish because I was exhausted. Got to the pushing stage, baby would not come out.  They wheeled me into the O.R. and told me that they would try the vacuum but if that didn't work they'd be doing the section.  Vacuum didn't work.  They started the section, I felt everything. Epi...