or Connect

Posts by ~Nikki~

Some great facts on this thread so I won't bother posting links, but like others said, ask your midwife/doctor if they've ever seen a rupture.  This was my first question to my midwife, because it's such a scary concept and I really didn't know much about it aside from that it was very dangerous.  Neither of my midwives had seen one in their practice, but reminded me that because I was having a VBAC, it was their policy to have me deliver in the hospital just in case...
  Hah, sounds about right!   My son is 7 and has never had a problem.  He doesn't fully retract yet, but his pediatrician (who won't touch anything, just asks him how things are going down there) is not concerned in the least and says that he's progressing normally.    My son's father is 35 and has never had a problem   His grandfather is....jeez, 60?  And never had a problem and openly discusses it as much as we don't want to hear it.   My brother - at least in his...
Yeah it totally sucks.  They also own, so no landlord to call, unfortunately.  It's too bad that she has to act like such a child because our collective children made stupid decisions.  Thankfully she hasn't had the crossbow out in awhile - that is something I'll definitely be calling the police or municipality about (as i'm sure there has to be some sort of law about shooting weapons in a residential area, right? =P)  I think it's possible that she lost her job...
I've caught myself asking the baby if she's being "super naughty", but in a VERY tongue-in-cheek way, and only for the benefit of the older two kids, who feel like the baby can do no wrong and they're always getting in trouble for things. =P  I should tone it down, though.  I don't want to give her a complex!   I prefer to re-direct the baby (14 months old) when she's doing something totally unacceptable, like trying to dump her bowl on the floor.  But the kids and I...
A lot of the things in the drawers are things we use so infrequently that I question if we need to keep them, at all!  Ideally, I'd like to downsize our "crap drawers" to only one cupboard.  But I don't know if that's realistic.  Maybe I'll take a weekend and just ruthlessly throw most of it into the donate bin and see what I'm left with.  Do we really need 4 bottles of sunscreen?  The kids used to have to EACH provide a bottle to daycare, but that's not the case...
Yep, I hear you.  I did try to word it in such a way that didn't make it come across to the kids as "I'm in a fight with their mom so you guys can't play together."  I've always had a rule in our yard that the kids are responsible for their guests.  If they invite other children intot he yard, and those children trash the place, the kids have to make sure they help clean up before they go home, or they'll be stuck doing it, themselves.  This has always seemed to be the...
I'll definitely look into that!  Our experiement with a re-introduction to pacifiers failed horribly.  She is now 15 months old (today!) and last week I pulled out all the paci's, cleaned them, and let her try them out.  She was a good sport, but it ultimately ended in her pelting them at my head!  She has zero interest.  She thinks that they're stupid, and that I'm an idiot.   DH and I decided to pull out her old pack-and-play, which we purchased because it has an...
I had a wacky mom that flew off the handle on a whim, constantly embarrassed us by making scenes in public when people "wronged" her, and creating drama that was never "her fault."  So I totally get how her poor boys must feel.  This isn't the first time I've seen her go off on somebody, it's just the first time that I was the target and it really freaked me out!  Thankfully, things have been very very quiet since the incident first happened.  Her boys (age 9 and 11)...
I consider myself a fairly organized person.  I have a strict policy of "a place for everything, and everything in its place."  The issue is that any cupboard or drawer that DOESN'T have a designated purpose tends to become a dumping ground, in my house.  I have three cupboards above my sink that I don't really need for anything kitchen related.  One of them has been designated for cook books, and an assortment of office supplies as we have no office space.   The...
Ohh, good point with the police reports.  Thankfully it's been quiet, and she's been keeping mostly to herself.  Her boys were at their father's house on the weekend, and since they've been back they haven't come over to play with my son, so I have a feeling that she's given them the same instructions as i've given my child. ;)    I told my son that he'll be able to play with his best buddy when he returns from camp, and he was pretty excited about that.  But that...