or Connect

Posts by ~Nikki~

Great blog, and you've given me some good ideas, for sure. =)  Last year I had high hopes to make them some nice things for Christmas, but I had a brand new baby and life got in the way.  I should dust off my sewing machine and make those quilted beanbag chairs I was planning on last year (they've both been bugging for beanbag chairs forever!)   Soaps and hair things are also excellent ideas that I hadn't thought of for stocking stuffers.  DH and I were frustrated a...
  The risk of getting worse neighbors was definitely a topic of discussion between DH and I.   We've been talking about moving for awhile, and this may be the last straw but we've decided that for the time being, we're going to just hold off because, frankly, it's a lot of work and money and we're not quite ready yet.   I already talked to DS re: my over-reacting, and explained that I was so upset at the way the neighbor treated me that I didn't know how to deal with it...
I've been where you are.  When DP and I bought our home together, we moved into a 100% empty house that was larger than either of us had had before.  We were in a different position, in that we bought a "fixer upper" and totally gutted it upon moving in, and slowly put it back together over the course of 2 years.  We had zero furniture.  For the first couple of months, it was totally overwhelming, because we knew just how much we had to buy.  But then we looked at it...
We cleaned out the basement/playroom this past weekend, and hauled out four large garbage bags full of toys that were either broken, missing pieces, or just plain crap.  And another four big baskets of toys that we'll be able to take to the consignment shop or donate.  One of the garbage bags was full of just stuffed animals (which most places won't take).   The kids now have only a couple of types of toys left in four small bins.  They chose to keep their playmobile...
I've been considering introducing one for my 13 month old, as well, for similar reasons.  I have doubts that she'll take to it this late, though.  I have just about every kind available and she has rejected each one.  Bah.  I am so insanely sleep deprived this morning.  I have a co-sleeper that comfort nurses at night and when she's nursing, i'm WIDE awake.  I just can't sleep through it anymore.  It's becoming so disruptive.  I'd love to night-wean, but don't even know...
Thank you for the thoughts.  Arrgghhh.  It's just such an uncomfortable situation, and it makes my blood boil that I have to live next to someone like that.  DH and I are seriously exploring our options re: listing the house and moving.  It's something we've been discussing for awhile, and this might just be the final straw.  I hate that we're on an acre of land for the kids' sake, and now I feel like my kids can't even go outside and take advantage of all the outdoor...
In a nutshell, I seriously contimplated listing my house last night I was so angry.  I got home from work, relieved the baby sitter and nursed the baby to sleep.  As per the norm, the neighbor's 10 year old rang the bell as soon as the baby was sleeping - something I have told him repeatedly not to do.  Baby is awake and crying, and I have this kid at my door step telling me my son is throwing gravel from the driveway.  I passed the baby off and went outside to deal with...
Mine start the bedtime routine between 7-7:30 (depending on whether they're having a shower that night - we do every other day).  They are 7 and 9.  They are generally in bed by 8pm.  I notice a HUGE difference in their behavior when they go to be later than that.  They get mad sometimes, because they know their friends stay up until 9 or 10 or later (they can hear them playing outside).  And it's been more difficult in the summer because it's still light out at...
20 + 28 + 13 and counting.  So I'm up to 61 so far, much to my mother-in-law's dismay. ;)
How many do you have? Considering we have three children, not too many.  Still too many for my liking, though.  My older children - 7 and 9 - rarely play with their toys.  On the rare occasion they're inside, they're playing videogames or reading.   Are they sorted into categories or are you more of a toy box person? We have large, square plastic bins from ikea that have easy to remove lids.  We have six of them.  The toys are limited to those six boxes, aside...