or Connect

Posts by ~Nikki~

I don't think I have much on mine compared to others I see, either.  I have the key to my mini van, the key for my second car (which is a recent addition), house key, mail key.  So that's four keys.  And I really rarely need the mailbox key, because almost always with DH when we get the mail and he has his own key.  I also have a bunch of those points system key tag things for various stores, but I need to clean it off because there are a few I never ever use.  In fact,...
They made me do a hep-lock as well for my VBAC, but not for any reason other than a history of blood loss after birth (I had a previous successful VBAC with lots of bleeding after baby was born).  They also had mandatory fetal monitoring, but I was lucky enough to have a cordless monitor that I was even able to use in the birthing tub.   That said, after much prep work getting the hep-lock in (it hurt worse than the contractions - I have crummy veins) I ended up...
It's so unfortunate when the kids get used as pawns like that.  I couldn't read without responding.  I don't know of any good books to read - I never did find any good ones, myself.  I do know that the anger will dissipate in time, and then come back, and then go away.  It never really does end, in my experience.   My only real suggestion is to look into whether or not there are resources in your area that offer councelling to the kids.  Sometimes their school will...
Bumping for you. I only use a nanny in the summer, but filled out the survey anyway.  It's a quick an easy survey!
Well, I sent a very gentle, non-acusatory email a few days ago similar to what GoBecGo suggested and - not really a shocker - he has completely ignored it.  Hopefully it won't be an issue again in the future, as - like I said - they very rarely shower there anyway.  This is only the second time in the past 3-4 years.....but it's also the second time that he's taken one of the kids in the shower with him. =/  Thankfully, due to his current homeless situation, it's...
Thanks for replying.  I knew this would be a good place to post to calm me down, as I know there are a lot of people here who are more "open" than I am regarding nudity in front of kids.  And admittedly a lot of my issues result from my past, so I don't know what's normal in other households.  In my house, the kids don't see us naked, and now that they are of the age where they value their own privacy, we rarely see them naked, either.    My son doesn't know the term...
I agree, seek advice from a lawyer.  I know that here, they will often appoint a laywer for the child so that the child's best interest is considered.  I would hope that any judge in their right mind wouldn't force a child to begin seeing somebody that is basically a stranger to them.  How scary would that be?    You have the history of non-contact on your side, at least.  And personally I wouldn't feel obligated to respond to him via facebook.  He doesn't have you...
I should start by saying that I know plenty of parents are comfortable with being naked in front of their kids.  That's cool...but not necessarily when the kids are clearly uncomfortable about it.  My children are 7 and 9, and they have reached the age where they enjoy their own privacy, and have showers on their own, and insist on a locked door when they use the toilet or get changed.  That's just how they are, and I respect that.   Recently, they started visiting...
I am due to go back to work in a few weeks, and my daughter will have just turned a year old.  Thankfully, my mother-in-law has offered to watch her for the summer, along with her two older siblings.     I worry about how to prepare her for this change - namely the feeding/napping issues.  For the past year, she has nursed to sleep, and I generally lay with her for naps.  This has made for a very relaxing year for me and baby, but will make things more difficult for...
I apologize if I'm not in the right forum.  I skimmed through the categories and didn't see anywhere else this would fit.  Feel free to move it if I messed up!   So, the topic says it all.  I've suspected it for years, but tried to chalk it up to "boys being boys."  He's my only male child, and I grew up in a family full of girls so his behavior has always been a bit of a mystery to me.  But recently I started coaching soccer for his age group, and now that I can see...