or Connect

Posts by ~Nikki~

Thanks for the re-assurance. DH was scolding me and telling me "Jeez, it's 7pm! If they can't deal with noise at 7pm they should move!" I, however, am more nervous about confrontation than he is, as I'll be the one dealing with it (he travels for work.) I'll have to look into how much protection I have. I beleive the noise laws state that you can be "reasonably loud" before 11pm. The kids will be in bed long before then! I've had issues with apartment living in...
We're moving tomorrow, and got the keys for the new apartment today. I decided to take the kids over to see the place, because they were getting antsy and all wound up surrounded by the mountains of packed boxes in our house. We're on the second floor of a little 4 story apartment building. The apartment is currently completely empty, which I think contributed to their hyperness. As soon as we had their shoes off they went TEARING through the place, THUMP THUMP...
For those that have them, what type of carpeting do you have? We're about to move into a place with high pile carpets (certainly nowhere near shag, but a bit loftier than our current burber.) I've heard that the Roomba hates thicker carpeting. We're in the market for a new vacuum, and I"ll happily spend a little more to get this one if it'll actually work on our carpets. The entire freaking place is carpeted. Bummer...I hate carpets, I hate vacuuming.
Quote: Originally Posted by Wugmama We actually did just get a dehumidifier. And boy it fills up and hits automatic shut off in less than 24 hours, that is how damp it is down there. Hopefully as we keep running that it will help. Thanks, Tracy Just a thought, to avoid the automatic shut-off....can you let your dehumidifier empty into an indoor drain? This is how ours is set up. It's so nice to be able to set it up and then forget about...
Now what exactly is a green burial? This is a new term for me! I'm intregued!
I was going through an old box of my things last night, while packing and reorganizing, and came across my old bible. Tucked in the first page was a hand written note that I must have stuck in there shortly after my confirmation (which is when I received the bible). So I must have been 10 or 11 when I wrote it. It said that after I died, I wanted to donate "all of my donateable parts", and that I then wanted to be cremated "because I don't want any worms or bugs...
Peach yogurt.
My reason for refusing to pierce my daughter's ears is due to my own experience. My mother had my ears pierced when I was a baby. I can remember getting wicked infections as a young child. It was very painful. When I was old enough to make the decision for myself, I asked her to take the earrings out. The holes never grew over. NEVER. I don't know if it was because of the infections, or if it's due to the fact that wounds on my body never seem to heal very quickly...
Quote: Originally Posted by snv1492 I wonder how Volkswagen is going to feel about that desgin. I'm nostalgic, so I'd prefer the original. Westfalia VW Microbus Weird, I was sure I saw something on the original site about how it was a VW, but can't find it now. Perhaps I was hallucinating. I love the original, as well. If I could find one, I would make it mine. We really really want one of these. DH brought it up again this morning...
Quote: Originally Posted by firefaery I am settled. I am so unbelievably happy I don't know what to do with myself. This is the first "home" I've ever been in. I have had many houses-but never a home. I want to stay here forever. I love everything about this house-even things I shouldn't love! I am doing appreciations everyday when I wake up. I fell totally blessed. We aren't totally out of hte last place yet...we have until the end of the month...