or Connect

Posts by Diyabolo

Thanks for sharing your stories.   Lookatreestar, does your DH speak with the kids exclusively in Spanish and they respond in English or does he mix Spanish and English with them?
Thanks to you both! This helps a great deal.  My husband and I do speak to each other in English because his Arabic, while good enough for a 26 month old, is not really good for adult conversations. I speak to him more and more in Arabic and whatever he knows in Arabic he always uses. I'm hoping this doesn't mean that we'll end up being one of the failures given that we do speak to each other in the majority language :(   The other problem I think is that Arabic is...
Hi all!   I am new to the site and so excited to be here!   I am Arab (Palestinian) and my husband is American. My husband is SAHD. We have a 26 month old daughter whom we are raising bilingually. I speak to her exclusively in Arabic and DH speaks to her in as much Arabic as he knows, which is considerable though not fluent. We read lots of Arabic books, listen to lots of Arabic music, watch Arabic DVDs and do Arabic language games on the IPAD. We don't have much...
Hi all,   I have a 26 month old daughter who is bilingual (Arabic/English) and am interested in getting in touch with parents of other Arab speaking children in the Greensboro area or Charlotte. Perhaps we can have play dates or form a playgroup.  I would like for my daughter to interact with toddlers who speak Arabic as I think this will help sustain her interest in speaking Arabic.   Thanks!
Hi all,   I have a 26 month old daughter who is bilingual (Arabic/English) and am interested in getting in touch with parents of other Arab speaking children in the Greensboro, NC area. Perhaps we can have play dates or form a playgroup.  I would like for my daughter to interact with toddlers who speak Arabic as I think this will help sustain her interest in speaking Arabic.   Thanks!  
My daughter (26 months old) is in a similar situation (dominant language is currently Arabic), except she will start pre-school in the fall, so I am panicking about her losing the desire to speak Arabic.  In your post you said "(We also do other things to make Arabic natural for her and give me chances to improve my Arabic, but since this post isn't about that I won't describe those things)."  Since I am always looking for ways to do that, especially since we have a very...