or Connect

Posts by runes

Do not engage. Two hours on the phone? Never again, mama. She is harassing you, plain and simple, and the pp's mention of "conspiracy to kidnap" is true. In your shoes I would make a report to the police department, and if she tries to engage in this type of talk again, tell her that a report has been already been made and the authorities are aware of her threat. Document, document, document. Get caller ID if you don't have it already and screen her calls. If...
Mama, I can so relate. First of all, ! When STBXH first said that he wanted a divorce, I had about a nanosecond of panic/fear, followed by an immense sense of calm, relief, and a deep knowing that things would be ok and that my life and DD's life will change for the better. Of course I've had my moments since then. Mostly of grieving the family of my dreams. And I've had bouts of intense anger at the way that STBX has been conducting himself through the divorce,...
I just got a potted rosemary bush from Target that is shaped into a Christmas Tree shape. It smells good, too, and can be used for culinary purposes for the rest of the year. I put some white twinkle lights on it and it looks super cute. It's up on the mantle (I have a large mantle space, room for a TV but we're TV free so it's open) and put stockings and other cute decorations next to the tree. I'm going to gather up some pinecones for extra decorations, too. Since...
Right there with you too, mama. So sorry about all these toxic men. I no longer respond. He sometimes sends me multiple huge emails going on and on. He tends to have verbal diarrhea like that. I just answer the questions that require a timely answer and let go of the rest. It's not worth it to get into it with them. That's what they want. They are looking for any way to engage, and when you don't, it pisses them off to no end. It's hard but you can do...
www.enjoyparenting.com
Is there any way to revisit the parenting plan? She is not coping well with the current plan. Also, do you have any referrals for a child therapist in your area? That may help her, and may also be the professional input that you need in order to modify the current schedule. HTH.
Go, warrior mama!
I am looking forward to being that strong, happily single mama. Yes, it is uncharted territory for me, but welcome nonetheless. It's just that right now, there is this MAJOR hurdle...Divorce...that is between here and there for me. It is just as helpful for me to read about the joyful single mamas as it is to read about the craptastically painful custody and support battles. I imagine it is the same for many of the fellow mamas that are finding themselves here for...
Hell no. Well, let me qualify that statement. If you're an avid FB user and you send out frequent status updates, you may want to consider that your STBXH will be able to keep 'tabs' on you and your friends that way. Depending upon how you feel about that, and how detailed your status updates are, you might want to think about your boundaries. STBXH isn't on FB, but I defriended his friend who was on my list a few days ago. They don't get a notice that they've...