or Connect

Posts by runes

I had the same exact injury. Casted for 3 weeks, used crutches and was totally non weight bearing. Then wore a boot for another 3 weeks. Did PT for a few weeks afterwards to restrengthen my foot/leg. It's fine now, although it does sometimes get sore in that area when I walk a lot. Speedy healing to you!
Quote: Originally Posted by newmum35 Another thing that really gets my goat is the fact that the government never made it illegal for manufacturers to put thimerosal into vaccines!! To this day, as I understand it, it is only "recommended" that it not be included. Therefore, who is to say that a "test batch" of a particular vaccine doesn't have the thimerosal in it, even to this day? Unless an independent company (anyone know of one?) is out there...
Quote: Originally Posted by tessie Well I agree but I'd hazard a guess that a young woman going backpacking won't be hanging around the pool at the Marriott. Even if she is going backpacking, it depends upon where and with whom and what she will be doing etc. She would be safe backpacking away in the wilderness, away from people as long as she had access to safe, clean food and water. The greatest risk of communicable disease would probably be...
Quote: Originally Posted by tessie Because she's going to a country where there is often limited access to clean water and decent healthcare. HTH It depends upon where she's going in the country, and what she's doing there, not just the mere fact that she is going. The risk factors are different for someone that is traveling in the more developed areas of the country vs. doing something like healthcare outreach in remote regions.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_med_vaccine_fight Quote: So far, swine flu remains a relatively mild disease, and most people don't need medical treatment to get better. But experts fear the virus could mutate into a more dangerous form. And during the flu season, when the virus spreads more easily, more people will probably fall sick and die. Public health officials are aware that so-called "vaccine wars" might break out if the swine flu outbreak worsens,...
ITA with Carrie. First of all, look at the source of this "news". Secondly, even if it was true that they would implement this plan, there is a very simple solution. Don't open the door!
Yeah, my first thought was...poor baby! He's obviously exhausted and they just kept filming. That's cruel, not cute (although the baby is absolutely adorable.) Then, when his head and neck snapped back...:
This thread is mostly just for myself to note any updates of the CDC information regarding autism and vaccines. It does look like they updated it from the last time I looked at it, including removing the studies that were still pending. It was about time, did they really think that putting down several studies that were slated for publication was EVIDENCE that could be counted on the list? At least they cleaned it up some. Let's keep our eyes on it. In the meantime,...
Quote: Originally Posted by geekgolightly What they are trying to do is protect the patient. That's the whole thing, though. Tetanus is not communicable. The tetanus vaccine will do NOTHING to protect the patient.
It is not necessary. It is a form that is filled out (usually) when they start some type of group daycare or school program. If your children are not attending anything like that, then an exemption is not necessary at all. DD takes many different types of classes, but has never been in daycare nor attends preschool (we plan to homeschool too), and we have not been asked to sign any exemption forms at all. We have also travel internationally and has not been an...