or Connect

Posts by runes

Quote: Originally Posted by Marnica HMMM I would love to know what high risk areas nurses work in that put them at risk for contracting tetanus. Perhaps it's all the sterile medical equipment they handle?? Since it is not a communicable disease and cannot be spread to others I am unsure how, if they were unvaccinated, they would put their patients at risk. Yes, is there any way that you can press them on WHY they are requiring a tetanus shot of...
Is there a part of the country where she is interested in living in for a while? She can look for nursing schools in that area so that at least she is having the opportunity to explore a new part of the US while finishing her bachelor's degree. She can then go on to do whatever she likes in terms of traveling, there are lots of opportunities to do so as a nurse, although most organizations like Nurses without Borders, require some clinical experience beforehand. It...
Things that make me go hmm.... I wonder if the 8 year old actually understood what she meant by "TOUCH". IMO it is not a very good word to use because it can mean all manner of things, including an accidental contact. As a pp mentioned, what if the boy barged past the OP's DH while trying to get into the stall, and they grazed past each other? He could have answered truthfully that yes, in fact, there had been contact, but he certainly wasn't molested. I wonder if...
We're doing it, too. Our dentist declared DD's decay ARRESTED. We do all of what other moms have mentioned. Ozone, xylitol, MI-paste, Hydrogen Peroxide rinse, limited carbs, fresh fruit not dried fruit, lots of green leafies and seaweed. By the way, DD is still nursing at 3.5 years old, and our dentist is very pro-extended bf'ing. After seeing several dentists who not only advised immediate weaning, but only had surgery in their arsenal (to the tune of several...
The problem with having a school-based OT do the evalution is that they will do a school-based assessment. Meaning, they will recommend or not recommend services based on whether your child may be exhibiting fine motor issues that would impact their ability to perform IN SCHOOL. A private evaluator will be much more "holistic" (meaning, looking at the whole child and ALL of the environment in which the child would be impacted) rather than focusing solely on...
Yes, some sort of visual cue and/or written schedule that is very clear and concrete might help. The auditory information of a verbal cue for the times that your family is available for a visit by him might be too abstract, or he may not be processing or remembering it. Sounds like you might have to set some firmer boundaries with the mom as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by saimeiyu Diplomacy my big toe. If your church is screwed up enough to get all mad at you for being concerned about the WELFARE OF CHILDREN there's something seriously wrong with it. If you do not report her, you are morally responsible of one of those kids gets hurt. End of story. Silence means you approve. : She may be a member of the same church, but goodness forbid something bad happened to a baby after...
Quote: Originally Posted by lauradbg Yes, except that the powers that be don't consider that anyone will question the medical recommendation which is strict adherence to the vaccine schedule. You're not supposed to see the studies, you're just supposed to follow what your doctor says unquestioningly... Oh, yes. Silly me, assuming that everyone wants full informed consent.
Quote: Originally Posted by carriebft Yes, there are lots of tests that look at groups of vaccines being given at the same time, both for efficacy and safety. However, many will interpret the findings differently. What is safe to one isn't always safe to another. Yes, but none of them have looked at the current pediatric schedule as it stands today, and what it's short- and long-term efficacy and safety is, using proper control groups...
I have tears in my eyes. How beautiful and spontaneous. Thank you so much for sharing your story. Wishing you a lifetime together filled with love, joy and laughter. :