or Connect

Posts by runes

Quote: Originally Posted by Marnica I think it's funny that they have admitted this "swine flu" seems to be targeting more middle aged people rather than the very young or very old...you would think then that us middle aged folks would be priorities We're harder to fear-monger. It's easier to push it on worried parents who are told their child WILL DIE without the vaccine. Coupled with making it easy on parents by giving it at schools (so...
Quote: Originally Posted by justKate DD went to the ped yesterday for a checkup--she's 17 weeks (4 months). He asked me how long she nurses on each side. I told him I have no idea, I don't time her...then explained my oversupply issues, that I block feed, how she generally can't even finish one side, how switching mid-feed generally gets her too much foremilk, etc. He told me I should switch her because staying on one boob for a feed makes her work too...
Quote: Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy The bolded isn't true I was vaxed (my mother is very pro vax) and i'm immune to rubella. She said most, not all. And it is possible that you may have lifelong immunity to rubella because you may have actually had rubella, either from the vaccine or at another time before or after. Did your mother check your titres before or after the vaccine? That's one thing that totally stumps me...
Quote: Originally Posted by carriebft sorry for so many edits- I am going to assume you mean it this way: (eta) if by that section you mean I would not have the luxury of choice because of segregation laws, I would answer that that is not true. I could vaccinate my kids to get them into the other schools. I feel that is a choice. I meant that you would not have the luxury to remain a selective and delayed vaccinator. You're right, I did leave out the...
But you wouldn't have the "luxury" of that choice, carrie. I was hoping that you would answer with an awareness of that. Instead, you took a potshot at non vaccinating families, as if their well documented (higher) socioeconomic status and (higher) education status are somehow distasteful. You wouldn't be able to send your child to the vaxing school if you wanted to. As a selective/delayed vaxer, your choices are the nonvax school, or homeschool. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by carriebft perhaps another example for member runes of the call for segregation? She said keeping her child out of school, which I interpret to be HOMESCHOOLING, not creating a segregated school for immune-compromised children. School is not the only place that children come in contact with each other. Are people calling for segregated playgrounds? Segregated places of worship? Segregated summer camps? ...
Quote: Originally Posted by carriebft There is hatred and vitriol on both sides, just read around a bit and it comes out quite clearly. I respectfully disagree. Please show me just one article from a major media source that discusses non-vaxers trying to keep vaxers away from their kids by segregating them. Have you read the comments on some of the online articles regarding vaccinations? It is truly appalling what people will write about how...
Maybe then they can finally compare vaxed and unvaxed populations for differences in the utilization of special education services, as well as comparing rates of documented medical issues such as asthma and allergies. You know, actually do the kind of studies that need to be done. Wouldn't be interesting to see whether vaxing families would actually opt to send their kids to the unvaxing schools? Would that be allowed? Or only unvaxed kids are allowed to go to...
OMG. She is flippin' adorable!! I have no advice for you about the hair (sorry ), but I couldn't not tell you that your DD is scrumptiously cute!
Quote: Originally Posted by mamazee So, the other thread reminds me of a conversation with a friend. Her daughter is at a preschool (a co-op type thing where the parents have to work sometimes) where a little boy's mom brings special snacks for him that are organic because he is not allowed to ingest anything that isn't organic. (She also brings his own bottled water instead of the tap water.) The preschool gives stuff like graham crackers and goldfish...