or Connect

Posts by runes

Quote: Originally Posted by A&A She was incredibly defensive about having forgotten our dd. Like, "I was having a bad day, of course you can't expect me to remember her on a bad day" kind of thing. That attitude would be a problem for me. It's one thing if she apologized and said that it wouldn't happen again. By saying that she was having a "bad day", she not only making an excuse for this current incident, but also giving herself a pass...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quindin I know that. That's why I said "late" What I wondered was whether some women are bound to always have gedtations of 41-42 weeks and why. I think of it as the same thing as STATISTICALLY, kids learn to walk at 12 months, but it's not considered to be "late" walking until 18 months. There are also some babies that walk at 9 or 10 months. Why some children learn to walk at 9 months, and some walk at 17...
Statistically AVERAGE gestation is 40 weeks. Some gestations have to be longer than that for 40 weeks to be average. 40 to 42 weeks is not "late", it is still part of that normal bell curve of gestational times.
Yes, if you're sensitive at all, please do not watch the youtube video. It's horrendous that people think that this is an acceptable way to "teach" a child. I can think of another word that starts with "t" that this cruel swim training method does do to a child, though. Torture. I've been teaching swimming to kids for many many years now, and I see absolutely ZERO merit in this program. Yes, some kids aren't traumatized, but some kids aren't traumatized by...
Pediasure is disgusting. I tried to taste it but couldn't get past the gagging caused by the smell. There are children who for medical reasons require it, but for a happy, healthy, growing 10 month old who is nursing well and taking in some solids, it is not necessary. AT ALL. What makes your doctor think that your little one is not eating enough? Nursing/eating frequency alone is absolutely not a definitive way of knowing whether your child is taking in enough...
Quote: Originally Posted by almadianna At 8 months old there is no way that I would limit night nursings at all. I have had children that do the waking every hour or two hours and this is common at this age. They are going through alot of changes and hitting many millestones.. learning to walk, talk, etc... eating solids possibly. This is what they do. Nursing every 1-2 hours or so is normal. : They're still getting so many of their calories...
Quote: Originally Posted by ema-adama Yes the vaccines are controls and yes, some of these studies claim to have tested not only the efficacy, but also the safety of the vaccine being studied by using an experimental vaccine as the control. Piss poor "science". That's not my definition of safety.
You have to wonder about a pharmaceutical intervention that health care providers feel comfortable enough to get "huffy" and snippy about if you decline it. That is inappropriate on so many levels. A suggestion for next time...suppress your impulse to explain and rationalize your decision. It's ok and perfectly acceptable to say "we are declining the vaccines at this time." and if you're pressed, continue with "thank you very much for your input, oh, I have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by jammomma I wonder if it makes any difference if the pool is a salt water pool? We have a private neighborhood salt water pool a few blocks away. It's super nice and we can't afford a membership ($2000 initiation and $700 per year fee ) so we go to the Y, which is heavily chlorinated, but this post made me wonder about the salt water pool? I would prefer a salt water pool, but I never thought about the germy...
Quote: Originally Posted by laohaire Those are controls, not placebos. The science is incredibly poor, if they are using other vaccines as controls.