or Connect

Posts by runes

Personally, I don't do it because I think it's unsafe.
They know that they've come to a point that they've saturated the pediatric market. Parents who never gave the schedule a second look before are beginning to question the bloated pediatric schedule. My guess is that's what they mean by "mature" nature of the market. So they're moving on to teens and adults. Get ready for the onslaught, mamas.
Quote: Meta-analysis also has inherent potential limitations. Only published trials have been included, and they have been judged according to what is recorded in the publication. The results might have been affected by publication bias, because positive studies are more likely than negative ones to be published, and so it is possible that other trials have been conducted and their results never published. That's quite an admission.
Quote: Originally Posted by kathrineg I think rules are a great way of ensuring that childrens' behavior is respectful of others. They need rules because they are not born with the experience or empathy to make their own decisions about certain social situations. It is also of great benefit to a child to be able to be "polite". Even though it's arbitrary, others will judge children on their ability to conform and I think it's important to equip them...
Quote: Originally Posted by caned & able It is easier to give vaccines than to improve sanitary conditions. Unfortunately. Yet when they're giving vaccines that are notoriously ineffective, where does that leave people?
Wasn't sure whether to put this in breastfeeding beyond infancy and clw, because we qualify for both situations. DD is 3.5 years old. I am happy to continue to nurse her to sleep as long as she needs to. I'm also completely ok with waking up once or twice at night to nurse as well (we cosleep). But when 4am rolls around, and she's asking to nurse again, and then she usually ends up permanently latched on until we wake up, and I'm totally exhausted and starting to...
Priority goes to the little one going down, but if no-one else is on the slide at the time, we encourage DD to climb up as well as slide down. As a pediatric physical therapist, I can tell you that climbing up the slide is one of the best activities at the playground for leg strengthening. It also takes a ton of balance, coordination and motor control to manage climbing up a slide. If anyone gives you grief about climbing up slides, tell them your PT friend told you...
Berry smoothies definitely masked the taste, I couldn't tell that there was placenta in my smoothie. Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries along with a chunk of placenta about one inch square, blended with ice, almond milk and a bit of agave nectar to sweeten.
Quote: Originally Posted by carriebft Also, in a debate about the effectiveness of a vaccine in preventing illness, it is the rate of the disease that would matter. Agreed. But how often is the "dead baby" card used against mothers who are questioning vaccines?
DD was not preemie, was birthed vaginally with zero antibiotics peri- or postnatally and was exclusively breastfed, so she had optimal gut flora, She was never gassy and not ever fussy from the solids that she did try, too. That said, she really did not "eat" solids in the true sense of the word until she was about 14 months old. We started introducing solids at 7 months. Only fresh, whole, unprocessed foods. No cereals at all. Fresh fruit like pears, watermelon,...