or Connect

Posts by AmyJeanneBee

Hi Cade Ryan,   I also wanted to reply to your post. I can tell you are pretty stressed. The NICU life is just as stressful for Dads who are trying to take care of Mom and baby. My husband was very supportive like you. My NICU lactation consultants told me to pump every 2-3 hours or 8x a day to build my supply. If your wife is pumping that much too, she's not over-pumping. If she is intending to have enough milk for when your baby comes home she needs to make sure her...
Hey me too! We are now exclusively pumping too. And finally happy with it. It seemed my preemie just had too much medical intervention. I've been pumping for 6 months now and also started out with an oversupply. Am so grateful I froze some of it for now. My supply has gone down since the NICU days but since I have the freezer stash I don't have to do formula! Woohoo. Hopefully my stash will remain until at least his 1 year birthday. I'd like to keep pumping until then too...
Has anyone tried anything like acupuncture, cranial sacral therapy or chiropractic work that was successful in treating baby's acid reflux? Something other than medication or formula, is preferred. Thanks!
Agreed. My little guy's weight gain is good, he's happy and healthy. I would think we could get off fortifier now but we'll see.   So did it take you 4 months from when you brought baby home from the NICU or 4 months from his birth? My guy is getting better but I'm just hoping I can kick my pump out the door sooner rather than later.   Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it ! :)
Hi, I know this is an old thread but I just found it on a search for increasing breast milk. I was wondering KateDavies45, when you skimmed the fat off older milk and added it to fresh, did your baby gain weight well with that? He's still on fortifier (Neosure 22cal) and I'd like to get him off it but not compromise his weight gain. I have a bunch of frozen breast milk I'm willing to take the fat off of for his current bottles. We're still trying to get him to breastfeed...
Did you take him/her off the fortifier? If so, how was the weight gain? If you don't mind me asking.
Has anyone else experienced this with fortified (only to 22 or 24 cal) expressed breastmilk bottle feedings? I just have a hunch. He's taking Neosure. I'm curious if any other babies have increased acid reflux with the fortifier. If so, well then I've got to try to convince the doc to take him off fortifier or do I??? His weight gain is excellent with the fortifier so I'm not sure the doc will budge. Anyway, let me know if anyone else has notified this. Thanks!
So I realized it has been awhile since I posted. My little guy is home now. Has been for about 7 weeks, which is his adjusted age actually. He's doing well. 11lbs and counting. We are still trying to get him to take a full feed from the breast. Seems like I'm back peddling to reverse the effects of starting him on bottles in the nicu. They pretty much gave me an ultimatim, if that's what you call this, of either you take this baby home soon or stay longer and breast feed....
I had a micropreemie at 24.5 weeks. We were in the NICU for 110 days. It was hell. So much compromising. My son did have a brain hemmorhage BUT it resolved on its own. He had an open PDA and it resolved on it's own. He had ROP issues and they resolved on their own. He was on the ventilator for hours after birth before being put on CPAP. I pumped 8x a day to give him breast milk to which they added fortifier. I also did energy work (something like Reiki) on him every day....
  Wow that's such a coincidence! I also was able to deliver vaginally and without pain meds too. Out of all the chaos of that day, at least I got that part of my "birth plan". Hahahahaaa birth plans. And to think, I actually considered a home birth. Would not have been able to resuscitate a preemie at home that's for sure. Oooh how things change when the sh*t hits the fan, right? Maybe next time...if I'm able to carry to term. Here's to hoping...