or Connect

Posts by Zenmama1

Hello My DD was recently diagnosed as Failure to Thrive. She has not gained any weight in the past 5 months. I have taken her to a dietician who says I breastfeed too much and need to cut back (havent done that yet though). I nurse on demand even at night. She also made some suggestions on increasing her calorie intake. She is allergic to dairy so she doesnt get the typical yogurt, cheese & milk that most toddlers get. but she eats pretty well.   We've been to a...
I think you are all so right. I definitely need to hang out with more moms. I think DD's unpredictable schedule has kept me from committing to plans. But I think I just need to do it and deal with whatever consequences there are..like screaming in the car, not napping, etc.   This weekend was really tough for my husband and I. My husband actually admitted that he is afraid of our DD. And then I realized I am too. We are so afraid of doing anything that will trigger...
Hi Simonmom That's a good question...What did I think it would be like. I guess yesterday I just felt like complaining lol. Because truthfully I can hold off on doing those activities for a few years until she is old enough to participate. But to answer your question I thought the every day stuff would be A LOT easier. Stupid me, huh. I hadnt really been around many young babies, so I didnt really know what to expect. But I had never heard of attachment parenting or...
Earplugs are a good idea for those tough days. I have them and use them from time to time. But I should probably carry them in my pocket :). Recently we stopped trying to have a set bedtime and if DD isnt tired and wants to run around and play we just let her. That has helped with the bedtime screaming. I just thought regular nap times and bed times were so important to kids. But we as a family are happy to just wait it out until she crashes...usually not until 9:30 or...
That sounds really good cyanotype! And I usually have all those ingredients around. Thanks I'm going to give it a try.
"So, just pick mornings or afternoons and make it work. Sometimes dinner isn't made when your partner gets home, but it's worth a little rushing to throw something together if you're otherwise feeling positive because you've gotten out of your four walls."   Quantumleap: This is really great advice. I've been trying it this week. I was going out in the mornings before, but I think DD does better when we are just mellow and stay home. That way she gets a good nap...
I feel like such a huge weight has been lifted just by being able to talk about this somewhere. Thank you all for your support. Yellow - that is a really good way to look at it. Maybe I just don't like this stage. Though the thought of toughing it out until she is five seems rather daunting right now. Hopefully it will be sooner than that. Lauren - those links were so helpful. I sent a bunch to my husband too. I really hope that his attitude will change soon. He...
Hi Lauren Wow I think you summed us up perfectly. I do have the Raising Your Spirited Child book, I need to go back and read it. When I first read it the suggestions just seemed more for older kids. But maybe they will work on a 16 mo old. Do you have any recommendations for websites? I just did a quick google and found sites explaining the different types of temperament. But I didn't see much in the way of how to best parent the active/ feisty child. Thanks so much...
It's so hard to admit but I've found myself often disliking being a parent. First let me say I am a good mom. A really good mom. I practice AP because it comes naturally to me. I am still breastfeeding my 16 month old. I co-sleep, I'm a stay at home mom. We go on play dates, I try to meet all her needs. Just needed to clear that up before I continue.   But some days I just don't like it. I have a very high needs DD. Who screams at the top of her lungs to get what she...
Thanks for the ideas ladies. This is really helpful! Keep em coming! :)