or Connect

Posts by DrezdinsMama

My son just turned 3 and goes to daycare 4x/week.  In the afternoon he watches limited TV at daycare (1/2 hour?).   When we're at home the other 3 days/week, we let him watch after nap time, but he doesn't always ask especially if we're doing some other fun activity.  There are exceptions of course, like when I have to cook something for lunch (but I usually don't, just cook dinner).  My husband and I try to be consistent by telling our son he can watch after nap,...
Same for me!  One breast has inverted nipple, and at 1 month old my son would cry when I tried to nurse on that side.  I went to a LC and she suggested supplemental nursing by injecting breastmilk from the other side via syringe into my nipple shield ... well, that was such a major pain/struggle (esp. at 2am) that after a week I gave that up.  Had soreness/redness for 2 weeks while supply on that breast dwindled. I tried for another month to get him to latch on that side,...
We-e-ell, I think you're looking for a way to put your son down before 30 minutes are up and have him stay down, and unfortunately I don't have a solution for that.   All I can say is that my son (13 months) tends to wake up if I put him down before ~45 minutes after nursing.  He likes to be held, and I've accepted that, so I freaking hold him until I'm sure he is in a deep sleep.  For naps, our nanny holds him and when she's not around I put him down after 45...
MamaColleen I hear what you're saying!   Before being pregnant DH and I earned about the same amount.  Once we had our baby we decided that the most important thing was for our son to have his mama around as much as possible.  So...that meant I'd have to work PT and make less money.  That means we can't afford a house, but we're ok w/ that.  Our primary goals are the family's health and our son's education, and w/ me working PT for a number of years our combined...
LeaPea, I sympathize!  Here's my experience.   My son (now 12 months) is also a "poor" sleeper, waking up every 1-5 hours.  It's so variable, but he is getting several new teeth and that must be why he's been waking up VERY frequently lately, particularly from 3-5am when I am having my deep sleep!  We co-sleep and BF.   He is a very active boy.  Starting at around 7-8 months, right before he learned to crawl, he would no longer lie down and nurse to sleep.  So I...