or Connect

Posts by maryamrose

definitely check out the babywearing meeting! also, there are certain wraps that are known to be good for hot weather. there are a lot of great threads about this on thebabywearer.com forums or I can tell you what I've learned, if you're interested. I think Girasols would be perfect for autumn in the Midwest.   also, there's a great babywearing swap (b/s/t) group on Facebook. I can try linking to it if anyone's interested.
Cristeen, I'm so sorry you're going through this but SO glad that your midwife caught it and that they ran all the tests. I have you all in my thoughts. I hope sweet little Ezri is as comfortable as possible, given the circumstances. of course, please let me know if Kaiser and I can help in any way. sending lots of love.
he was smiling from day one! and laughed within the first week (maybe because he was born at 42w?) infectious, huge-grinned, squeaky belly-laughs. it's adorable. he started doing it a lot more while awake a few days ago, when he hit three weeks. 
good for you Luna! nope, no exercise here. I was hiking (how I miss stairs!) or walking 4+ miles daily until the very end, but c-section recovery and a very strong desire to not mess with the healing process means that I've been taking it very, very easy. I don't even think I'm going to be running until after the 6 week mark, I'm definitely going to be taking it slow and starting with walks around the neighborhood. I've noticed that if I'm on my feet too much, my...
this is what we've been experimenting with:   Girasol night rainbow wrap 4.6m - this wraps beautifully (I tried front wrap cross carry with legs out) but my little guy was way too warm in it. may be better for warmer weather and/or for when he's older and better able to regulate his temps.   Wrapsody Bali Breeze stretch hybrid - kind of like a Moby but more breathable and a bit less stretchy, really nice and cushy. we tried pocket wrap cross carry and front wrap...
I asked for skin-to-skin, and tried to nurse him, but it was very difficult given that the epidural made me feel numb from the breasts down. I was also very shaky and nauseous. still, I appreciated that they facilitated skin-to-skin contact and gave me the chance to try, and it was very special to hold him close to me so soon after birth, as I'd been expecting given that I'd planned to birth vaginally.   we also declined the bath at the time (we had him bathed later...
cristeen! congrats!!
my mother is having a really hard time living so far away from us. she's obsessed with her grandson (it's her first, so that's part of it). I take lots of pictures of Kusha on my phone anyway, so I just text the good ones to her. it's not much extra work for me and it makes her happier. I'm limiting how much I post to Facebook, though.   one of the things I'm realizing is how different this whole experience must be with [an] older kid[s] around. I feel like our kid...
I'm in a very similar situation, and I asked four different people (ped, nurse, midwife, lactation consultant) and all gave some variation on "he's gaining well and obviously soils enough diapers, don't worry too much about it." so I'm trying not to feel too anxious about feeding on demand, even if he's slept for more than 4 hours.
my husband dropped my mom off at the airport today and I spent the entire time he was away worried that he'd get into an accident. he's also pretty sleep-deprived, so I guess it makes sense, but I'm definitely more protective of him than usual. of course when he got back, he had to tell me that his uncle got into a multi-car wreck today and that his car flipped over (thankfully he's ok!) this did not make me feel very good about letting my husband out of the...