or Connect

Posts by CA Country Girl

I flew at about 6 weeks too and like Andaluza just requested the pat down because I was pregnant.  The lady acted like she could care less and I had shared too much information.  Anyone has the right to refuse, but they tend to think you are just a paranoid conspiracy theorist for avoiding.  I say so what- I don't want to be x-rayed.  I might just make it policy to refuse, pregnant or not.
Erica-I skipped all 3- antibiotic eye drops because they are mostly for gonorrhea exposure (which I  knew I did not have); Heb B because babies are really a convenience population rather than really at risk; and Vitamin K I actually said ok to if it was needed.  Vitamin K is to help with clotting, which babies can not do themselves, not really a vaccine.  I would have asked for it is my DD had any signs of trauma or indication that she could have any internal bleeding,...
Mine is mostly a side sleeper too; its great for co-sleeping and night nursing.  She sleeps up against me and nursing lying on my side (we do both breasts from the same side) allows me to barely wake up for a couple of night sessions; its really saving my sanity to get sleep.  She is only 6 weeks, but giving lots of signs of being a early roller.  When I put her down on her back she rolls to her side.  She doesn't seem to have reflux, but she does have gas in the morning...
I am writing this while bouncing on the swiss/yoga ball.  This babe really hates to sit still.  She wants to bounce, walk, dance, whatever.  Hopefully when she is more interested in her environment she will be more ok hanging out on a blanket by herself- she also only wants to sleep during the day if she is being held or walked in a sling type thing.  If I put her down she wakes up after about 10 minutes, so I barely get anything done.  I am trying to prep for fall...
Sparrows- my husband was kind of the same way for that kind of class and prep stuff, but he really pulled it together and was a great partner for the real thing.  He was just really bad at the role playing and somehow when it was real it was a whole different ball game.  I don't know if it will be similar for your DH and regardless, I was SOO glad to have the doula, but their is hope. 
Lily- I had my sister come down (4 hour drive) as soon as I started feeling contractions and ended up sending her home a couple days later with no baby.  She made the drive again when babe actually did come.  Babies have no sense of timing and those overdue days sure feel like forever, don't they?  I can't wait to hear about the arrival of your little one.   Boots-So glad to hear little Lyle is doing better and you are home.  Is that an Aiden and Anais swaddling...
It sounds like your DH is definitely "bonding" and into the idea of the baby.  Although I agree that the 20 week ultrasound does carry some strong emotions, as you see the profile and the little bean swimming around, I don't seen it as necessarily a bonding experience.  My DH talked to our daughters in utero and was very into being a father, but still said the idea of the actual baby was sometimes unreal.  After 2 daughters, I think the true bonding with baby for dad...
I don't know what time you posted this, but 4 ounces may not be as little as it sounds.  It is hard to measure what they are actually getting per nursing session.  I am definitely not an expert, but I would think that if she is taking a couple of ounces every 2-3 hours, she will probably be fine.  She might very well marathon nurse when she sees you, but she won't starve.  It is so hard to leave them :( , but you will both adjust.  
Oh my goodness- more beautiful babes!  Lyle and Evy are lovely.  And more babies are coming soon.  I am really loving this thread right now.   Boots- seems like you have had more than your fair share of crappy docs.  Find a pediatrician you love.  And get lots of rest and eat lots of iron rich foods- feeling like a steak? Andaluza- ditto on the Pediatrician.  Many hospitals have lactation consultants as part of your stay there (if you are having a hospital birth and...
My DD1 was below 5% weight for a really long time.  We could not get her to hit 20 pounds until like 18 months old.  She was crazy with boredom before we were able to turn her car seat forward facing (due to the weight restriction).  She always looked small compared to other babies, but she was healthy and active so I did not worry too much (even though even strangers would comment on how small she was).  Her pediatrician told us to drizzle avocado oil and other healthy...