or Connect

Posts by CA Country Girl

Thank you Bokonon for trying to actually address my questions/concerns and I am on the same page with you on this:   I understand that some people have very good reasons, not to vaccinate.  I guess what I don't understand, I will look into threads addressing it, is the lack of belief in herd immunity.  On that front:     This shows how contentious this issue really is, and as Bokonon said, the people are feeling defensive.  I did not say you "should" be grateful to...
Sparrows- good luck on the GBS, but it really is not too big a deal if you have it.  I didn't with no 1, did with 2 and altogether #2 was a much smoother birth Erica and Andaluza- waiting to hear about your births! LIly- I agree with Scowgirl- nurse on demand.  It will help your milk supply and her ability.  They do sometimes just nurse for comfort and there is nothing wrong with that except they might spit up the excess.   Lily and Scowgirl-Everybody has their own...
Early vaccine technology was not developed by drug companies or even western medicine, but by mostly older women healers in the Ottoman Empire (what is now turkey), a group of women MDC people might find interesting.  Lady Montagu observed their technique for small pox vaccination in the early 1700's and tried to rally other upper class English women to vaccinate their children as she had.  The letter is the 4th down on this link if you want to read it....
MDC is not a private club.  There are many views here, although we are not equally vocal.  There are many of us who subscribe to some parts of AP, but not all (there is a current thread in parenting about this very topic) and I am sure people's idea of natural family living varies as well.  As for "correcting" people's views, 63% of this board states that they believe in not vaccinating at all, so I would say that view is well represented here.  The OP's question seems to...
I am really interested in hearing from people who believe in vaccination, but make "mindful" and considered choices about which and when.  I will post this sentiment in several areas, but it seems that much of the discussion even in this section is dominated by people trying to convince others to avoid vaccinating.  My story- I rejected the hospital newborn vaccines and other substances for both daughters: Heb B because they seem to be only a convenience population for...
I am really interested in hearing from people who believe in vaccination, but make "mindful" and considered choices about which and when.  I will post this sentiment in several areas, but it seems that much of the discussion even in this section is dominated by people trying to convince others to avoid vaccinating.  My story- I rejected the hospital newborn vaccines and other substances for both daughters: Heb B because they seem to be only a convenience population for...
Again you need to cite the source of your numbers here (which are highly problematic) for them to have any credibility.  And my grandmother has since passed away (a couple of years ago at 85).   You may not have noticed that this term is in quotes (meaning I do not completely accept the term) and the paragraph before, I said I believe in some things that others may see as conspiracy theories.  I am applying insulting labels to no one, just pointing out that drug companies...
There are so many challenges (chemicals, pesticides, fungus) to our immune systems in the day to day environments that we are exposed to; it seems unreasonable to say that autoimmune disorders are causally linked to vaccines when there are so many things that could be the source of "celiac disease years later".  It may be another good reason to request vaccines free of (or low in) mercury or aluminum which many conscientious pediatricians are glad to get for you,...
Wow this thread has made tempers hot, but I wanted to add another opinion anyway.  I decided to vaccinate my older daughter (now 6) after talking to my grandmother about it.  I had and still have friends who have chosen not to vaccinate (one because her first child had adverse reactions) and was emotionally distraught  trying to decide what to do and weeding through all the articles on the subject (yes- researching).  It is really scary to let anything be injected into...
Colemom- Sounds about exactly like our lunch menu.