or Connect

Posts by CarlyVHT

I'd join a FB group - I'm on there much more often and photos are easier to see/post, too :)
Same issue here. It's not super painful, but it's less comfortable. I have some irritation afterward, especially. I had no tearing (according to the midwife) and no stitching this time, yet it feels like I have a small amount of scar tissue that gets sore right near my perineum. I assume it probably is scar tissue from some sort of tiny tear that wasn't noticed or didn't need stitching.   I do know that I had AWFUL tearing and over 20 stitches after my first birth. I...
We haven't really started food yet. I let Grady try a piece of my banana a week ago and he acted thoroughly disgusted and insulted: thrusted it out of his mouth, made a disgusted look, and turned his head away. So apparently he isn't interested. We'll try again with bits here and there but so far food is a no go.   As for Halloween, DD wants to be a tooth fairy which I was all for since it sounds super easy. Usually she picks something really hard. I ended up buying...
We won't be following any particular lists. Right now, Grady isn't really showing me many signs of interest, but once he is, we'll start with something basic like avocado or sweet potato to see how he does with swallowing, getting it to his mouth, etc. Once he does well and is ready, we'll introduce whatever appropriate foods we are having with dinner. We don't do purees and I don't do the "one food at a time followed by a 3 day wait thing" .... I am more into feeding...
The plan is that we are done. Right now I am okay with it, though there is something so precious about pregnancy & birth & newborns that I may always long for that a little bit.   Our decision is based almost purely on finances. We just don't feel like we could adequetly provide for a larger family the way we want to (vacations, paying for college, etc). Having a 3rd would require a larger house (which we can't currently afford in this town), bigger cars, etc. So,...
And DEFINITELY go with a fixed rate loan. It would be extremely unwise to get an ARM (adjustable rate mortgage) right now when interest rates are so low!
We're in the same exact position, so I will be anxious to hear suggestions. We've looked up 7 seaters and fuel efficieny (which is super important to us). Unfortunately, the most fuel efficient 7 seaters still aren't as fuel efficient as we'd like and they are newer - we tend to buy used as we don't want car payments.   Anyway, they don't make the station wagons with the RF seats in the "way back" anymore. My dad had one growing up :). Just thought it noteworthy to...
I've always found it easiest to do a monthy budget with your current spending and savings goals build in, then from that you can figure out how much you can comfortably put toward a mortgage. Then figure out a purchase price based on current interest rates & your downpayment that will yield that monthly payment. Since you guys seem like BIG savers, you may even want to figure in some monthly savings for household things that come up when you own (things breaking, repairs...
I agree that babies wake at night because from a biological standpoint, it is a defence mechanism against being eaten by a predator. I have heard that argument from most of the "smart" experts I know of (online) and it makes sense to me. I don't buy that leaving the baby alone in the crib is the right answer ... every baby I know will cry in response to that, and an infant crying in the wilderness draws attention to predators and makes them more vulnerable. Mammalian...
I'm the last one who should give advice, because I've never had good sleepers. DD was waking every 2 hours until 2, and didn't STTN until she weaned at 2.5. I thought DS was going to be a great sleeper because at around 2 months, he was sleeping a 5 hour stretch at night which I thought was just amazing. That ended a little over a month ago and we've been doing the 2 hour stretches since - and 2 hours is a "good" stretch. DS is sick and it is nights like last that I...