or Connect

Posts by whimsy

Teenage twin girls are much easier to tell apart. They usually have very differing hairstyles. Lauren is even known to have pink hair at times http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink I cannot believe they are so grown up already. They are such cool kids. I'd like them even if I wasn't their mom.
Another liberal left wing Christian here!!
aweynsayl Thank you so much for those links... exactly what I was looking for!!!
This is SO me!!! I have found my long lost family
Quote: Originally Posted by the_lissa Wouldn't that make your husband submitting to you? I believe husbands are called to more than submit. They have to lay themselves down for their wives.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thao But look at the image that sets up: the wife strives to submit to the husband, as Jesus did to God (putting the husband in the role of God) and the husband strives to be kind and loving and make correct decisions, as God does (again putting him in the role of God). It just doesn't sit right with me... that's not how I see it. I am submitting my will to the man who has pledged to honor me and put my desires...
Only the people that know I'm married. It's the widely accepted norm in my family and community. Of course, some of them think I'm not very good at it.....
Quote: Originally Posted by Thao You know, the more I read about wifely submission from you moms that have awesome marriages (at least it sounds like it!), the more I feel that the word "submission" doesn't do justice to what you are doing. Because of all the negative connotations of being a doormat etc. (and let's keep in mind that those connotations aren't just a secular conspiracy, they are firmly rooted in the historical oppresson of women when we...
Quote: Originally Posted by frog As an adult, as a feminist, I think that it's detrimental to intentionally put yourself in a submissive role. I'm much more interested in a fully equal partnership, now that I'm grown. When I was younger and felt less capable, the idea of having someone else make all the important decisions (and take responsibility for the consequences) was very appealing to me. But the more I learn and read and grow, the more it's clear...
Quote: Originally Posted by frog Could you say more about this? Honestly, from my non-submissive but very much Christian and feminist perspective, it seems like something one would mature OUT of. I mean the part about putting someone else first. And being able to trust God enough to do so. Early in our marriage, DH had some big head ideas about being the "head" of the house. Of course, we would clash over things. One time, God said...