or Connect

Posts by TeamViddy

PUH-- I am looking forward to it. My inlaws are encouraging us to do respite care, and we have very few ideas about what age of child would work best in our house (although we ruled out teenagers! probably not the best place to start with full-time child care!). We are really looking forward to the process of figuring out whether we should go with respite care or regular foster parenting. And we're trying to determine whether this is good for us in general. It's looking...
Hi everyone-- DH and I have picked out an agency and classes start in a few weeks. We are both excited and a bit anxious. DH is committed to the idea (weirdly, almost more committed than me). We'll also be talking with a friend of a friend who has fostered for a long time and can give us tips about the local system. Looking forward to some movement towards getting energetic, messy, excitable, frustrating babes in our home. The twist: we have been TTC for two years. We...
Bailey, hope you are having fun traveling! Not traveling is probably my biggest regret over the TTC process. We kept not planning anything because of the possibility that something would happen and it never did.   Had the 2nd chemical pregnancy in a row and I have been POAS every day starting 5 days before the expected end of my cycle for 3 months now. I got the + on Sunday and hoped to hang on long enough to get it confirmed with a blood test on Monday morning, but...
Hi Folks-- did I miss a new thread? Any updates from anyone? Bailey?   We were going to take 3 months off from TTC buuuttt.. it accidentally didn't really happen that way. So I am nearing the end of my 2WW. I am testing every day and no positives yet. We are still planning to start foster care classes in September.
Cinco- definitely something to consider! Over the past few days we figured out we'll be starting classes in mid-September. I think we'll be OK on this timeline since we have the summer to talk things through before even starting the process... Our friend who is a social worker said that we could take classes wherever we wanted, as long as we completed the whole series and it was in Ohio. The lady at the agency that a few people have recommended said we have to complete...
Thanks mamarhu-- yes, between the classes, home studies, etc. I think it will be next spring before a child potentially comes into our house. The fact that it is approximately 9 months was not lost on me. We do have family support, a home, car and schedules that would make it work, so that makes thinking about it a little easier.  
Hi folks, I wanted to introduce myself. My partner and I have been wanting to start a family. Without going into the details (if you're interested, there are 2 years worth of posts in the TTC boards ;), we are sure we will eventually be able to have our own bio kids, we are interested in functioning as a family now. DP and I have talked about adopting or fostering since we first got together, and we are just now starting to actually plan for this possibility.   We've...
Stepping out, maybe for a while. Because of what we have going on in our lives, we decided that if we didn't get pregnant this month, we would prevent pregnancy for the next 3 months.   In the meantime we are spending some time with a friend who fosters later this week; we'll find out what it was like to go from 0 kids to 2 overnight. Hopefully this will give us a better idea of whether we can handle it. I've finally found someone who does fertility/abdominal massage...
Thanks Dakipode, I appreciate it. Wondering how many times this has happened in the past 2 years.
Just kidding. AF started strong last night. Glad I got the big pack of pg tests bc now I will be able to tell an early loss from a late period. Pretty sure this was a 5 week loss-- AF was 7 days late. No sadness really, just want to know more.