or Connect

Posts by PoorUglyHappy

KathTeach - We are in the TIES program. We took the classes back in September.   If I can talk you out of working with the county and looking into other agencies, let me know.    We had a pretty bad experience but I don't think it will be like that for everyone.  Especially if you are fine with waiting, I do think that there are some advantages.      AFM - We got certified yesterday and got our first call today!  I am beyond excited.   I don't know any of the...
Welcome Back mnmoore! Thanks for the advice on SSNs.     Newbian Mama - I am a teacher so I do work outside of the home.   I only get 6 weeks off per year for fostering via our maternity leave program.   I am not sure if I can break that into smaller segments.    I can also do 10 weeks at 1/3 time.   However, I haven't even told many people at work that we are doing this and didn't tell my supervisor.  I didn't want to get looked over for committee work, etc. if...
Queenjane - Believe me, I know it takes FOREVER to get licensed!    Except, I watched other people just move through the process will no trouble.   We seem to get caught up with every turn.    We needed 4 references, I gave them 5 friends names,  only 3 came back.   All 5 of my friends say that they sent them.   Everything has been like this.   I am much happier with my new agency though.   How long is the wait in your area for a baby/child that is freed for adoption? ...
I love my maytag bravos XL from 4 years ago. Its HE and top loading.  It is pretty pricey though.   I bought it at home depot and used one of the no interest cc deals to pay it off over a year.    I can't stand not being able to add a sock or whatever at the beginning of a cycle with a front loader.  It doesn't have the agitator that comes up in the middle so it is good at washing big things without your washer getting unbalanced.   I've never washed CD's but I am...
Deborah - yay for forward momentum!   Wait until you see the pile of paperwork!  I think it is as bad as buying a house.  
NewbianMama - Since we were already licensed with the state, the clearances had to be transfered from our old agency to our new agency.    We were waiting on the transfer for about a month.   It turned out my new agency did not file the paperwork.  It was the fault of an assistant.  I swear we have the worst luck with these things.   By the way, since you are in CA, did you need two sets of clearances, one for foster and one for adopt?  For some reason, we did.  I am...
Oh yes, Deborah, I think I remember you mentioning that about your mom before.   I certainly hope that isn't an issue with LFS.    I have been trying to find out why my background checks haven't come through.  I have spent a ton of time on the phone and on hold this week only to find out about a computer glitch in my background check file with the state that was holding things back.  It should be fixed now if that was truly the issue.  I explained this to my...
Hello Seymour!   What a cutie!
Deborah - Less wait and less $$$  - I'd go with LFS.   What is the big difference between the two?
We are 0-2.  I would have gone higher but my husband loves babies.  In fact, I think he really tops out at 1 year old but everything in marriage is a compromise, right?   I started making some quilts for the kids' room.    I think that I would like to send each of the foster kids home with one.    Hopefully I can keep it up.   Or more hopefully, the first two stick around for good.