or Connect

Posts by PoorUglyHappy

YAY LILAC!!!!!   I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a healthy and happy 9 months!
MountainMama - How's the new pup?   NewbianMama - You are open up to the age of 12, but what's your ideal age?     AFM - Homestudy complete!   We had our paperwork meeting and first interviews last week.  I didn't know that the paperwork meeting was our first homestudy meeting.   One more home inspection/interview session yesterday.   The personal questions during our individual meetings were not too personal - she wanted to know all about my career and my career...
Beautiful!
First homestudy appointment completed!  Admittedly since it was my third safety inspection, I knew what to expect.   Of course, I still have a few things to fix:  we have to HANG the fire extinguisher in the kitchen, it can't just sit on the floor.  Unfortunately we don't have any closets in our tiny kitchen in our tiny house - I'd rather it not be so out in the open.... Doesn't quite go with the chicken theme of my kitchen.   Also, we have to add some additional canned...
Deborah - Those pictures are adorable!   The cat looks super cuddly, I want to curl up with the both of them! Also, I love Peaches' t-shirt, my lab loves to wear clothes as well.  Congrats on starting your process.  Those first steps were among the hardest for us.    MountainMama - I think the adoptive nursing is a lovely idea and I would consider it if I wasn't fostering first.   Although, I've never bf'd so I am not sure how successful it would be.   It does seem...
Newbian Mama, that is great you are done with your homestudy.  Three weeks is how long our new agency said it would take for us to be licensed after our homestudy as well.   Take this time to relax, it might be the last kid-free weeks/months you have in a while.  (That is what I keep telling myself).     AFM, We are starting our homestudy on Thursday.  One week away.  I am out of town visiting my family this week.   Of course I got the call while I was waiting in the...
Newbian Mama, My husband and I just had a very similar freak out.   Since we've never had kids before, we really have the minimal stuff required for our home study = car seats, cribs, safety stuff.   We went to our friends' house who are fostering an infant and a toddler right now and they had so many baby and kids things.  They kept saying "we couldn't live without _________" naming swings, swaddlers, etc.  Not to mention I've never had to find daycare or any child care...
Newbian Mama, that sounds like a great experience.  I'm glad everything went smoothly!     Eloise, my orientation for the county in Los Angeles was huge.  It was held in a convention center.  There was a room of about 100 that I was in and another room of about 50 where the presentation was done in Spanish.   DCFS here holds one orientation for both kinship care requirements and foster care requirements so that could have accounted for the size.    For my...
Newbian Mama, how did it go?  
Sorry to be stalking!  As I wait to get through the adoption process (which is much less eventful than a TWW), I can't help tracking some of my old BSLs and Bajingo Ladies.  I am praying or sending positive vibes for you all and your BFPs.      Just a quick question Sourire....  Do you have cervical stenosis?   This was the final diagnosis that made me give up on ART.  I had a hysteroscopy and it was soooooo painful.  My RE told me that regular IVF would not be...