or Connect

Posts by Mommy StormRaven

Quote: Originally Posted by CariOfOz Absolultey Mommy Stormraven. My grandfather died 3months after his diagnosis with pancreatic cancer. It is a brutal disease, but Patrick seemed to kick it's butt for SO long after the announcement that he had it. And if he see's your mom there...I hope he asks her to dance Thank you Cari.... I hope so too
the man fought long and hard, lived a lifetime AFTER his diagnosis. Many Pancreatic cancer patients die within weeks or even days from diagnosis. My Mother survived 7 nonths from her diagnosis - LONG byt the standard fo that horrific disease, Patrick survived well beyond what most do with Pancreattic cancer. I applaud and honor his life and his death. I hope tha tif he sees my mom in the "pancreatic cancer support room" beyond this world that he says hi...
Quote: Originally Posted by Adele_Mommy Interesting? I take it the in-laws aren't totally on board with UU? It sounds wonderful to me, anyway. Enjoy! : Actually they are cool with UUism in general but I'm jsut not sure what to expect from them at church...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaCaveBear Totally off-topic, but were you opting for general anaesthesia, or are you just more woman than I? I have thought and thought, and I would rather have a spinal than an epidural, because I want it over and done with once, nothing left in my back. But I thought the only other option was general knock-you-out? Thanks for posting it BTW! it sounds good. I was opting for general. For a couple of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Girlprof Good for you knowing how to listen to yourself. For me, it was a great lesson that intervention isn't necessarily bad. It's unnecessary intervention that is the problem. Thanks and that is the key - unnecessary. And the other thing is that elective doesnt' always mean convenience. Yes I elected to have the induction BUT Had I not done that I'm sure I'd have ended in a c/s emergently most likely so whiel it...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaCaveBear If I may ask, what was your wonderfully clear birth plan? I have seen so many, and I know most get disregarded by hospital staff... Would you mind sharing? Thanks not at all! Labor: * If membranes rupture prior to onset of labor I want no time restrictions (within reason). * My partner, doula and birthteam present at all times without restriction * Little to no intervention – nothing...
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 Wonderful story mama! way to trust your instincts and stand up for yourself in labor!! I am just wondering.. any way they got your dates wrong? for you to be 36 weeks and in that much duress and have a 10 lb baby?? No, no way possible. I had my last m/c on 4/15, I was under the care of an RE at the time being monitored with blood work and ultrasound for any new anomalies since my previous m/c's,...
Just sharing... This Sunday 3/1 our minister is starting a series of Homilies on Family. Appropriately enough she is also doing a Child dedication and blessing of our newest daughter Maia during the service. The In Laws are heading down for it and it should be interesting. I will take pics and share once we have them uploaded!
Quote: Originally Posted by artgoddess Congratulations Mommy Storm Raven! : So great you have a meals for moms service. Is that through your church? It's through our UU mom's group at church so it's pretty nice - we still hav ea bunch of leftovers from them all!
Quote: Originally Posted by asoulunbound Your wic gives you medela? That's pretty cool. MD gave us the Bailey nuture III manual cycle automatic pump. Yeah, I think so too. I'm so thankful for it since otherwise Maia wouldn't be getting breast milk at all