or Connect

Posts by redheather

Whoops just realized I hadn't said YAY Congratulations to Cindy-lu and Slammerkin!!!!!   And looks like we'll have a few more soon.   Is it true there's been only one boy so far?
39 weeks! And no signs of anything, though last time nothing happened until the day before baby came, on her due date, so I'm not expecting much. I did have a stomach bug of sorts the last couple days which sucked, but it's over now and the difference in energy level and lessening of discomfort has really buoyed me up!! Hoping the full moon will pull baby out; it's the due date anyway.   For everyone worrying about their cervixes, my midwife told me today you can be...
Aw em, so sorry. I hope you can reach out to other support? Girlfriends, family, community? I wonder what he is so overwhelmed about.   Slammerkin it sure *sounds* like things are moving along even if not all at once...We are waiting with you!   Speaking of names, I'm completely set with a girl's name but both DH and I have been floundering with boys'. And now that baby has dropped so much everyone else thinks I'm carrying a boy! We shall see, but it's so interesting...
Nothing's going on! 11 days to my due date but who knows if it will be longer. It feels like an eternity!! Looks like there could be a few babies coming up this week though. Good luck!
Here are a few basic things that could help with painful moontime:   Magnesium supplements can really help to relax any smooth muscles in the body, including the womb. Be careful not to go overboard though or they will relax the bowels, though sometimes that's needed too!   Cramp bark works but has to be taken every couple hours consistently. May not be practical for a teen.   More good oil (omega-3's, as in fish, flax) and less "bad" oils (omega-6, as in canola,...
Yay Serafina and ciga!!!! Things are happenin'!!! Congratulations!   Whew sounds like some fast labors happening. Thanks for sharing with us both the reality check and the assurance that it's all gold when it's over.
Superbeans, get the review now while your performance is fresh in everybody's minds. Let them make the offer first of when to start the raise. But if you've been doing a great job you deserve the raise now.   Sounds like we all wish our babies would come a little early! But I guess there's a reason it's all about the 40 weeks. Still, one can hope...
Eek....a vag exam with long nails? I'm shuddering.   I hope some of these babies start arriving, especially for those with all-day discomfort! Sorry for those feeling super crampy.   I've been mostly unsure about when I'm having a BH contraction. But believe me I feel it when baby is burrowing into my cervix,  it sort of makes my legs go out of joint for a few moments! I'm 38 weeks today and there's no telling when this munchkin will arrive. Last time I cruised along...
Boy did I learn a lesson yesterday. I made a wonderful organic chicken soup for a function at my DD's kindergarten, complete with shiitake mushrooms. Well, I got so busy helping with peeling apples that I never got any soup. The soup I did get was a few bits of carrot and 5 beans in mostly water. By the time I got home I was in tears from low blood sugar and feeling  like "no one's looking after me." I felt better after a substantial meal, but the moral of the story is,...