or Connect

Posts by kinkajoujou

Same here, I only give her an antipyretic when she starts looking miserable.
Thank you for replying, her lead was tested as below 3. The doc said that means it's practically not detectable but it still concerned me, I'm looking into more ways to limit exposure to it (we switched to bottled water, looking to move into a house built after the 70s, leaving shoes outside etc.).   I'm also trying to find info on what's the best way to boost iron absorption and avoid inhibitors, best cooking methods etc. I'm more inclined to look into her nutrition...
At my DD's 2yo well visit we did some iron testing and the doctor said she is not anemic but her iron stores are a little low. She suggested giving her a chewable vitamin supplement with iron in it (like the flintstones one).   Any good sources you may have for iron rich foods and optimal iron absorption will be more than welcome. Also, I'm not very keen on giving her a multivitamin, she is an exceptionally good eater, will eat anything, so I think her nutrition is...
I've had the single city mini for my almost 2-year-old daughter and it has been such a great stroller. I'm expecting another baby in October and I'm thinking about getting the double one and using a car-seat for the newborn. I prefer them sitting side by side, then they're both at the same height and it's much easier to look around them etc.   ITA with PP who said a good stroller (or baby carrier) is very important for a mom's sanity, being stuck at home or having to...
My DD is a hitter too. She will hit me or her dad when we say no to something she wants to have or do (not always, but more often than I would like) and she also sometimes hits other kids in the playground when they take something away from her . I see it as a different form of throwing a tantrum, instead of screaming and thrashing, she lashes out at the other person. Her language skills are quite advanced in our mother tongue, but I think it's still hard at this age to...
You were absolutely right. I have left my DD in the tub at that age for half a minute max to run to the next room and grab something quick, but the tub was completely drained and even then I was scared she might slip and hurt herself (she was standing up in the tub at the time, no way to get her to sit down). I would have been even more scared to leave her alone with even an inch of water!
Hello, can I join? EDD is 10/10.
Well I'm probably not getting something right across here. I never said "everyone", I said "most", which in MY experience has been most friends, my brother, an ex-boyfriend etc. Some kids never have them, some do. Both cases are considered normal at that age. The skin doesn't retract, they have their normal erections, that gives them discomfort. Or they touch it and tug it and that also might give them a little pain. That's all I'm saying. I don't mean "issues" as...
Well most of my friends with sons my daughter's age (almost 2) have dealt with a slight pain or discomfort due to the fact that the skin doesn't retract properly at this age. But you know, these are considered part of what's normal, they're not viewed as something that proves that circumcision is necessary. Most kids just outgrow this stage. Incidentally, the only friend of mine who had a real problem was the one whose doctor pulled the skin back and the poor baby was...
I come from a background where circumcision is not performed, unless requested by the parents. So most males, especially up to the age of 3 will have some very very minor issues, like the foreskin not retracting properly etc. Like I said in my first post, most doctors (with a few exceptions) advise parents to avoid pulling it back or in any way interfering with it before the age of 3, when they can decide if they need to intervene or not (with surgery or to start gently...