or Connect

Posts by kinkajoujou

Thank you for your pointers, I did not post this as a negative experience, but as a reply to other posters saying this is something impossible. All I meant to say (in conjuction with my next paragraph) is that this is something that can indeed happen, although it is rare, easily treatable and should not be put forth as an argument to promote circumcision. I'm sorry if that didn't come out as I intended it to.   P.S. I'm not an intactivist per se, but I would not...
I have friends with sons and most of their doctors tell them not to retract the foreskin before the age of 3, but a few still say that every now and then you should pull it back and clean the area gently.   Having said that, the top (not the urethra, but the skin of course) can close up and block the flow of urine and you then need surgery. I knew a guy who had this exact problem and had to have surgery as a kid to open up the foreskin again.   I'm not saying...
Another P90Xer here! I did the Doubles last year to lose the pregnancy weight and it was soooo good.. It's got variety, it works all parts of your body, it's great! Yoga X was the hardest part for me, but I've come to love even that. Over the summer I did Insanity in the mornings, P90X in the afternoons and the results were just unbelievable, it was the first time I actually saw my body change so much. Since then, I've fallen off the wagon big-time and now I'm pregnant...
My 21mo DD only had a fever once so far, but I let it go as high as it would without treating it, so long as she was in good spirits, running around as usual, eating well, going to sleep easily etc. Late at night her fever went up to 103.5 and she was crying and whimpering in her sleep, so then I buckled and gave her some tylenol. It did go down and the next day it was much lower than that, so I didn't give her anything else.   So for me, I let the body do its own...
I'm reading "The Old Devils" by Kingsley Amis. A couple returns to their hometown in Wales and reconnect with old friends and lovers and that stirs up old feuds, tensions and the like. It's quite good and has a wry sort of humor that I really like.
Definitely not a silly question, I am the silly one for not thinking that to get on a trampoline, you need to be able to jump!  
I have also started my 18mo daughter on the potty since she was about 15mo, we've gotten to the point where she poos on the potty every time and she usually tells me when she has to go, but I haven't worked enough on the peeing yet, so she will pee in the potty when she wakes up in the morning and after a nap, but when she's awake and playing around the house I don't take her there that often. I still have to work on that. Ideally, I would like her to be out of diapers...
I was thinking about getting one for my 18mo dd but I wasn't sure if she's too young for it... anyone used it at this age?
I have spent the last 5 months away from my DH, he's in the US working, I'm back in our native country with our 15mo dd. It's so hard and it totally sucks! I can't wait for the end of October, when we get to be together again... Video chatting is a total life saver and it helps the one who is away from the kids to watch them grow. When I left, our DD was 10mo, now 5 months later she can walk, babbles away all day, communicates much better, things you can't just put in an...
I agree with PPs, if the child is expressing interest in trying, maybe you should let him/ her have a go at it. Try giving the child one spoon to play with and use one yourself for feeding. Or, if he/she will let you do it, you can hold their hand and guide it to the mouth (I call that damage control ). And I think it's a good thing to let them experiment with their fingers a little as well, they love to feel the different thickness and consistency of the foods.