or Connect

Posts by Lisa R

My baby girl will be 3 months next week too:)  Time is just flying by.  It's funny, my second (also an Oliver) was a super happy and mellow baby.  It definitely pushed us in the right direction for another one:)  And our third, Harriet has been so sweet too, it's hard to say no to having another one!  Right now I really feel like we could handle a fourth (in a couple of years of course), and a few years ago I didn't know if we would ever have children at all:) My...
I haven't spent hardly any time on the computer since my baby was born, but better late than never! my baby girl Harriet Dawn was born on Dec 7/11 at home (and caught by her daddy!) weighing 6lbs 14oz and 19 inches
I think it definitely played a role for our decision too.  Overall I was happy with my second birth which was with a paid midwife.  But we still felt that there were unnecessary medical 'interventions' that we will be avoiding this time around by having a UC:) 
I went to my Dr last week (@ 35 weeks), and she was pretty sure the baby wasn't head down yet.  I thought the baby was still laying sideways for the most part too.  She wasn't worried, and said that with a third pregnancy (which mine is) that the baby has more room to move around later.   The day after the Dr apt, I think the baby moved, and seems to be head down ever since.  My husband thinks that all our talk of breech convinced him/ her to move:)  I guess I'll get...
I've never heard that about dried mango before.  I think I might have to pick some up for a little treat:) I know when I was in labor with my first, I drank tons of gatorade and it really kept me going!
With my first, I did test positive for GBS, and having the antibiotics was one of the worst parts of labor for me!  I am also terrified of needles, and the needle they used at home hurt so much!  But at least it didn't interfere with my ability to labor at home with my midwife. With my second, I tested negative, which was a huge relief:)  I know there are supplements/ certain foods that will help to balance the bacteria levels in your body too.  I can't remember...
@ jeninejessica- That's great that AMP are in your city, that sure makes it convenient!  I always had good luck with mine, so hopefully you will too.  The smalls will definitely work on a newborn, a little big at first, but usable for sure.  I've never tried their OS (or any OS for that matter), so I couldn't really say.  AMP was actually the first diaper we put on my second son after he was born, and we had no trouble:)
I just started to go through my clothes and diapers stash tonight:)  It's got me all excited to use them again!!   I think I have lots of covers, we've always used AMP and Applecheeks.  A friend also gave me some homemade NB diapers, which should come in really handy.  Another friend has my stash of wool, and is going to make me some wool covers (fingers crossed!)     With my second, I didn't use disposables at all.  I was worried about stains and mechonium but it...
Almi- I'm just wondering what Placenta Out is?
Sorry to jump in here, but I've had some experience with Floradix:) Floradix is a liquid iron supplement, and I think it works great.  I had low iron during my first pregnancy, and was feeling tired a lot this time around (my third).  So I decided to take Floradix proactively, and my iron has stayed in the normal range, although at the bottom.  I think without it, I would definitely have low iron.  It's supposed to absorb better into your system b/c it's liquid, and...