or Connect

Posts by daniedb

My oldest is fairly easygoing about his clothing choices, and my center boy is young enough that he could care less what he's wearing. While I don't care what they wear as long as it is remotely weather-appropriate, and Sir H has been known to wear mismatching rain boots, red gym pants and a pink shirt, we do have a deal that I pick out his school and church clothes, and then he is free to choose his clothes the rest of the time. He's in preschool, so it's just a few hours...
(nak) my dh got me 2 for valentine's day, how romantic, huh? i love them! i've had lots of trouble before w/ our soil and tomatoes - this makes it ridic easy. i'm dying for the tomato tree now.
We've had this problem with our toddler, too. We were fine with him in our bed, until we had the newbie, and then we did a routine that has worked, even though we have to redo it every few months when his routine gets off. When he comes to our room, we just get up, walk him back to his room and put him back in bed. No engagement, no eye contact, etc. As long as there's nothing wrong with him, and his needs are met, of course. The very first time we did it, DH took him back...
Once she is better rested, it will get better! I also found that DH intensifying his relationship with the older one(s) was very helpful. When we brought #2 home, DH was with #1 almost 24/7 for a while. It made the big guy feel so important and loved.
Can you not fight and argue about it? My mom, when we were that age, would simply explain once, perhaps reiterate an additional time, and then smile serenely and continue with her business when we whined and complained and griped. Can you work on ways to let her pleas and arguing wash over you and roll off your back? You don't have to engage her, in fact, it most likely fuels her fire and gives her a reason to continue to argue. It sounds like you are making some excellent...
I'm already "banned", but I'm also getting really close to really banned. I really like AFD on MDC!
I think it's definitely dependent on the sitch, and you have a different situation than many people. If I were to get a job because we needed more income, then of course, the money I earned would go into the general pool of money to pay bills. However, we are blessed to be at a place where we do not need additional income, and if I were to do something additional, which I'm actually about to do (teach knitting classes at our LYS), DH would have a heart attack out of pure...
Quote: Originally Posted by flapjack According to my GP, with third babies it's worst birth, best baby. So weird! My third was by far my hardest/weirdest/"worst" birth. Complications, HBP, longest labor, just a whole weird deal. And he's been an easy-peasy baby. Thinking of you, Amy, and hoping to hear fantastic news soon!
I am thinking of your family, and praying for you all.
I was worried that I wouldn't ever be sure I was finished having babies, I've always wanted a ton of kids, and loved children since I was young. But, I know. I'm sure. My emotions are complicated about it, and there have been some times when my emotions have made me wonder if I'm really sure, but when the hormone surge passes, I am back to the certainty. It helps that DH is absolutely, completely, 1000% finished, so I don't have to be the deciding factor. That would be...