or Connect

Posts by daniedb

i roasted a chicken 2 days ago! if by roasting, you mean throwing a frozen bird into the crockpot with veggies and water and letting it go for 8 hours! one thing that struck me was that i thought once my first was born, as OPs have said, i'd stop hearing it. but then, it became, "just wait until he turns 2!" or my new favorite: "wait until the second [third, fourth, etc.] is born!" you can't win.
We allow a certain amount of self-defense in our home. Hitting is definitely not encouraged, nor is it "acceptable", in the sense that it's labeled an appropriate choice for retaliation, but sometimes, it happens. And in the OP's case, I wouldn't punish the slapper, but we would have a discussion on both sides about appropriate behaviors. My younger boy is much more aggressive and physical than my oldest. He will barrel into H's play to grab a toy, pull hair, bite,...
H isn't a toddler anymore, but he loves the Smooth Move tea! When we have poop problems, I'll brew us up a cup and add a tiny bit of stevia to his and put it in his "special mug". He loves to feel all grown up. He also likes regular decaf black tea, unsweetened, iced, but hey - we're in Texas, so it's ubiquitous down here!
I feel guilty now - I'm so ready, but I'm only at 37w3d! I'm not due until 12/31, and my boys were both slightly past dates, H was 6 dates post-EDD and B was 1 day post-EDD. I'm already at 2 cm, 50% effaced and having constant cxns, but I did that with H as well, so I'm not counting on anything. Plus, apparently I gestate really well, and my babes love it in there! I'd forgotten how easy it is to get Grumpus at the end, and want the baby OUTOUTOUTOUT, no matter how...
It sounds as if her sleep needs are not only not being met, but the lack of routine and knowing what to expect is throwing her into a tizzy. I know that with my spirited little one, he thrives on knowing what will happen when, and if we get out of routine, there is hell to pay. Kids that have that temperment just seem to repond much better to a set routine, even if they may tantrum or fight it in the beginning. In your shoes, I would set a bedtime, a bedtime routine, and...
I'm so very sorry for you and your daughter's loss.
I do. Both my kids sometimes. I pay for it later. H is big enough that he doesn't want to be carried, but in times of getting hurt, I'll scoop him up. B is about 30 pounds, and I still carry him very often. He's so used to being the baby that it's hard for him, and he's really still young to walk much of a distance. I try to minimize the thoughtless carrying, just swooping him up to walk around the house, but I just can't stop sometimes, he's so schnuggly and smoopy and...
I understand your frustration and even the anger provoked when your child is hit, even by your other child! Can you offer your toddler something fun and distracting during the difficult times when the nursing jealousy comes into play? Can you have a special "big brother" toy or item that only appears when he's nursing contentedly and being gentle with the baby? He's still so little - it's easy to bump them up to "big boy" in your mind when your little comes along, but I...
I am so sorry for your loss. I am heartened to hear that you found a bit of peace in the funeral and that process. Your description of the birth, your ability to hold him and bathe him and kiss him brought me to tears, mama. I'm praying for peace as you journey through the grief of the loss of your beautiful boy.
Quote: Originally Posted by mamabadger I tried it, and the results claimed I "matched" the religion I actually belong to, with a score of 100%. I did notice that a lot of the answers I selected were phrased in a way that showed the writer's assumptions. Some were not absolutely what I believe, but the closest from among the choices given. Maybe this could skew the results for some people? Pretty much exactly that. There were a number of...