or Connect

Posts by RobynHeud

I was four when I was old enough to read the tags on the presents and I realized that Santa's handwriting was exactly like my mother's.  I didn't say anything though, probably because I was nervous I might stop getting presents :)
My husband was really reluctant to do the whole Santa Claus thing.  I think a big part of it was that he wanted the children to be aware that we were doing this for them, not some mystical being.  I personally don't ever remember believing in Santa Claus, but I do remember being about 4 yo and reading a gift tag that said "from Santa" and realizing it was my mom's handwriting.  When we were first married, before we had kids, we talked about how we weren't going to teach...
Once your petition is granted, it needs to be filed with the probate court and they'll give you a court order establishing fact of birth.  Once you have this, you mail it in to Sacramento.  Here's the link:   http://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/Documents/CHS-CourtOrderDelayedBirthPamphlet-2009-06-Merged.pdf   The lady at Vital Statistics was not necessarily wrong about filing with the Superior Court, but it also says you can file with the court in the...
That's great about the steroid infections. the friend who's babies came at 37 weeks all had breathing issues except the ones who had the injections. She asked for them with number 7 and was denied and when he was born at 37 weeks, had underdeveloped lungs and had to stay in hospital for another month. Good on your doctor for getting that done for you. Keep us posted!
i think a big part of it is that you're had previous pre-term births with few, if any, complications. My second was was a UC at 36 weeks, the first having been born just shy of 37. I was a little nervous about possible breathing problems, but my first had been fine. I also had a friend and all seven of her babies came at 37 weeks, with one going a little longer because she was on bed rest. If it is cervical incompetence (boy, how I hate that term), you might want to try...
I was diagnosed with GDM with my first (still bothers me a bit because I found that the place I got tested had thresholds set 10 points lower than ACOG's standards, so...) who I gave birth to in the hospital.  All over my records it states that I was diagnosed but not once did they take a single glucose reading and after he was born I was repeatedly asked if I really had GDM because apparently a number of babies will come out looking poofy around the face.  Kind of...
I'm guessing you live in San Diego?  She is wrong, at least about waiting two years.  You will have to go to the courts though.  We just went through this about a year and a half ago.  Here's the link:   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1340231/midwife-just-for-the-paperwork#post_17029351   Basically, you will have to file a petition with the court to establish fact of birth.  Once your petition is granted, you send the paperwork to Sacramento along with...
My last birth was a UC and happened one day shy of 36 weeks.  My first was an induction (pre-e) at 36w4d with contractions (that I couldn't actually feel) having already started and a ripe cervix.  My doc said if they hadn't induced there was a good chance I would have had the baby on my own within a few days anyway.  Neither had problems with breathing or nursing, so, like with everything in life, it depends on you and your body and the baby.  TBH, with the second being...
My last birth, which was also a UC, I did tear, but not on my episiotomy scar.  It was at the top, next to my clitoris. which may sound worse, but it healed so much faster and easier than the episiotomy did.  I had a lot of trouble resisting the urge to push, and near the end, all I wanted was to push as hard as I could to get him out as fast as possible, which is likely why I tore.  There was a thread on this board (I think) that talked about how it seemed like women...
You may want to read "Exercising Through Your Pregnancy".  It goes over a study they did following women who were sedentary vs. women who were very active (think marathoners).  If I recall correctly, the leanest babies were born to those who exercised throughout their pregnancy, followed by the sedentary moms, and the biggest babies were born to those who were active through the first half or so of their pregnancy and then became sedentary.  It's a combination of...