or Connect

Posts by LovinLiviLou

Hi, all!   We're looking at moving back to GA sometime in the next year or so, and I'm scouting out locations.   We lived in Decatur for 9 years and loved it but are looking at probably being OTP just to have a less expensive lifestyle.   We won't be contending with a commute, so we are pretty flexible in finding where to land.   The most important thing is finding a school (middle school and then a high school for later) that has strong academics but is also a strong...
I would be a SAH mom in a heartbeat.   However, given our situation, the best "for the family" decision is for me to work and husband to SAH.   I can honestly say it is the best decision for us as a family - financially - and the kids have a great, unique relationship with their dad that they probably wouldn't have if he worked and I stayed home.   But I'd be fibbing if I didn't acknowledge that the best decision for me personally would be to stay at home . . . All that...
I use the same chore list for my 3 and 6 year olds. The 6 year old helped show her younger sister how to do some things, but they both are fairly good at doing their chores. Every Day – Clean up after yourself (put toys away and take dirty dishes to sink after meals) Put dirty clothes in clothes hamper Put away clean clothes after they are folded Weekend: Empty trash from the bathroom Wipe down the bathroom counter (just with water and a rag) Help dust...
You've gotten a lot of good advice, but one thing I would add is to do a heads up to your boss with your side of the story before some of these known bad actors get to her. The key trick here is to spin it in a constructive way - so "Hi - I just wanted to let you know that X in X department has been talking to me about transferring the work function x to our group. I'm in discussions with him, but I am not sure it is the right solution for our department/company (put...
Anyone have a public school that they love? I'm looking for a school that fits in nicely with AP/child-led philosophies, where parents are on the more liberal/crunchy side (I know I'm stereotyping here . . .), and where parents and school personnel are as concerned about social development as academic development (I got a look like I had 3 heads when I asked what our school was thinking about body image and bullying). I'm interested in if there are any public schools...
I haven't read all the replies, so someone may have already suggested this . . . We had this going on in a very subliminal way (not nearly as blunt as some of you guys have experienced and I don't think it is intentional). I very calmly said to the offenders (not in front of my child) "Hey - DD asked me the other day why you guys bought (other child) a new backpack, a new outfit and a new bike. She said she wondered why you didn't like her as much. How would you...
I have a 3 yr old that is 24 lbs, so I understand! she also has lots of food intolerances, so that doesn't help. I've found that my daughter will eat coconut oil (if warmed just to the point of a liquid - about 80 degrees) off a spoon, and so I've been doing that lately. You can also add it to smoothies and use it in stir-fries. Just a thought!
Can you give more pointers about the better and worse areas from a crime perspective? TIA!
My mother has an extremely hard time being around our kids when they are not completely happy. If anyone starts to slightly be disgruntled, or heaven forbid cry, she goes into hypermode trying to do anything and everything that will make them happy. The odd thing is that this is so NOT how she was when we were kids (but that could be its own thread . . . ), but I’m looking for some good articles that explain the merits of everyone working through the full range of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jackies Ladybug my favorite thing to do when i start hearing myself say something i dont like is to finish it with "blabbity blah blah blah!!!!!" so i'll use your example phrase and go "WHATS THE MATTER WITH BLABBITY BLAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" really loud and then smile. your kids will think you have gone nuts, it really relieves the tension in the house, i do it with hubs too. its also great because sometimes you dont catch that you...