or Connect

Posts by 2tadpoles

Not only do some people not have the money to travel, but some of us don't get vacation time from work. If I don't work, I don't get paid.....which means even more debt. I really think that some people can't wrap their brains around the fact that many of us live paycheck to paycheck. I'm freaking out about how we're going to heat this house all winter, what with oil being so expensive. Start saving money for a destination wedding in March? There has to be money...
I only now just read the OP, and since the thread is really long, I'm just going to reply without reading anyone else's answers. I don't think you're being unreasonable, really. You're being practical. I'm a practical person, too. I think that if your sister wants to get married in Hawaii, then so be it....she just shouldn't get mad if nobody can afford to go. I can't personally imagine putting my family through all that mental stress. Of course, I can't imagine...
Good heavens, I've known adults who've had #2 accidents! And my son (who has no special needs), had an accident on the way home from a long walk one day. He was already in his teens. He got home and said he was going to take a shower. My husband had just gotten home from work (he works in a hot and humid environment) and said he'd been working all day and had dibs on the shower. DS looked at him and said, "I crapped my pants." DH said, "you win." Yeah, I understand...
Quote: Originally Posted by Furrow Go! go,go,go,go,go! GO! But do have someone else try the bottle on her beforehand. Has to be someone else. She probably won't accept it from you right now. Possibly. I started my eldest on a bottle about two weeks before my return to work. He had absolutely no problems taking a bottle from me (and neither did DS2). I was in the military when they were born, so I was back at work six weeks after...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Calla~ lol. I thought the same. I'm taking the high road, not gonna say a word. I can't argue with someone who feeds her baby cheese doodles all day anyway.: Thanks mamas. Reply with links regarding proper nutrition. Then tell her that if your child is properly nourished, he or she is less likely to become ill, anyway.
You know ladies.....maybe some of you have been nomads like me. I've moved A LOT, and through the military have met people from all walks of life. Some.parents.don't.care. Seriously. Some parents don't care whether or not their kid has a good time at your sleepover. They don't care if their kid is raucous, or loud, or argumentative, or poops in your pool. Maybe this kid has medical issues; maybe he doesn't. Maybe he's had a lousy upbringing and that's why he...
I'm too rational to think about which of my kids I would rather live without. If I had miscarried or aborted, I would never know the wonderful people who are my children today, and therefore wouldn't know what I was missing. Likewise if my parents had aborted me. I wouldn't know any different, and neither would they. I'm not saying that Kate and Jon should have reduced. I'm saying that if they believe whole-heartedly in all the spiel which makes up their religion,...
I haven't read the whole thread. I haven't been to these forums in a while and this thread is just too long. But this struck me..... Quote: Originally Posted by Mom2J The author slams them for not doing selective reduction which is clearly against their religious beliefs. I think it's more than a bit hypocritical to use modern medicine in order to create life, then say it's against one's religion to use modern medicine in order to end life.
I went to three balls/proms in high school and enjoyed them all at the time, but when I look back, I can see that they were seriously overrated. My husband was a loner in high school and didn't go to prom. My ex-husband skipped proms, too, though he had a girlfriend. I think that 13-14 years of stagnation in order to attend an expensive and overrated dance is more than a bit silly.
I wash undies with whatever they go with, color-wise. DH does his own laundry and the kids do their own, but when I did all the laundry, everyone's was mixed together. My parents used to wash all underwear separate from other clothing, but not separate from each others. There was a special hamper just for undies. And I had a crazy aunt who used to make my cousins hand-wash their undies in the sink.