or Connect

Posts by pregnova

Atia just turned 6 months...thought I'd update...see how you all are doing!   So, girly is crawling. Started right at 5.5 months and just in the past two days or so she's learned to pull up on the furniture...or anything remotely sturdy! It's impressive, but really REALLY a lot of work!!! She's falling constantly and in to EVERYTHING! But stil SOOO little that I swear she's a walking disaster of danger!   We also started baby led weaning at 5 months because she...
Hey guys!   It's been forever! Atia is a gem...we're over the moon infatuated with her...it seems a bit ridiculous for a second child honestly, but I feel like we've bonded SO much quicker. She's a chunker, but has mastered rolling both ways for over a month now, and seems to be working on crawling already! She gets up on all fours...like REALLy on all fours and rocks back and forth, but seems too afraid of moving her arms to really get anywhere with it. She sit a...
EC is going great! We get just about every poop, and maybe 4 pees a day...we could certainly do even better with that as she seems to give pretty clear signals, but you know...lol...life intervenes!   As to night time solutions. Bah, the best I found was cutting strips of fleece and laying that on top of her fuzzi bunz diapers. It works great for keeping the wet off of her, but now I think the EC has made it so that she's aware of when she NEEDS to pee and she's...
Lovely to see people are still talking over here! I miss the support!   Atia is growing like a weed...she's SOO FAT! lol! She's moving into 6 month clothing and seems to be getting a grasp on rolling although she's only able to do it thus far if she's nakey. In fact, this morning, she saw me in the kitchen cooking bfast, and rolled TWICE in my direction before freaking out. I like to think she was trying to propel herself to me!   Our poop is brownish orangish,...
awww, Cindy...that's so cute about the squeal!    Is anyone else noticing that the Ergo is RIDICULOUSLY hot for the babies? We have weird weather here, so some days it IS actually really warm while other days it's super cold, but whatever the weather, I pretty much can't put anything warmer than a long sleeve shirt on Atia without her sweating and whining in the Ergo. I think it's the insert that makes it so warm. Anyway...since she never comes out of the Ergo when...
  My little cutie...   It's SOOOOO quiet here!!!! Hope we can get back to chatting now that our babes are a bit bigger! 
nak...   Lets see...mine still mostly lives in a carrier or nurses. lol Not a whole lot else, but we get lots of ADORABLE smiles when she's happy, and lately she's started cooing back and forth with us...particularly with ds. I let ds hold her a LOT now, and that seems like crazy entertainment for her...she stares at him for the longest time...We also have christmas lights up that she's IN LOVE with...she'll smile at them and coo at them!   Still loves...
naps...lol...I can't even begin thinking about a normal schedule! Atia is a doll, but she is about as high needs Mama only as it gets...She's the happiest baby in the world so long as she's physically ON me in some capacity...and she REALLY prefers it if I just leave a boob hanging out for her to nuzzle...yes..not actually NURSE...but nuzzle. It's so bizarre. If I put her down off of me, I can 'sometimes' get 15 min. without her waking and fussing for me. Passing her off...
How about hip sizes? Last time around, I gained 55lb, and it took 3 months to come off on its own. By the time I had lost the weight, I seem to have hips that were my previous size...this time, I gained less, have lost it all (miracle of nursing!) but my hips are the great barrier to some of my normal pants. It feels really noticeable to me...will they go back to previous size given time? Or is this a permanent thing if the rest of the weight is already gone?
lol...I do request a lot of favors from my son (nearly 4) with regards to the lower shelves! lol BUT, I also figured out that if I squat...like totally birthy woman squat like the baby is coming out right this minute squat!...then I can reach the bottom shelves and it's actually really easy...just looks bizarre I'm sure! I try to pretend it's exercise! I also drop to my knees quite a lot.