or Connect

Posts by pregnova

cute pictures!!! Love how the fabric goes so well with his diaper color!   So, we've completely outgrown preemie prefolds...even trifolded under the wool cover when just hanging in the house is a no go now because it just can't absorb enough. It's hard to snappi the newborn size as well, so we're about to begin tri-folding those...although I really hate trifolding, so I'm holding off as long as I can. I'm planning on replacing the preemie prefolds with some GM...
  How about some baby cuteness?! I want to see some from the rest of you mamas!   Springmum- I bet you'll see BFing improvements soon! As for the grunting thing for hours before babe actually wakes in the morning, we've got that over here as well...ugg...I seem to doze in and out during it, but it's SUPER loud...no idea how my dh manages to sleep through it!   My babe is a MONTH today...wow!
Wow, I hope you finally get your nursing issues resolved Cindy! I'm sure it's super stressful.    And, wow...is the forum slow these days! I wish more Mamas would post updates now that we're all settling in to daily life with babes!   We're actually doing really well. In fact, I feel a little embarrassed by how easy everything is seeming. I would DEF. say the transition from 1-2 has been a thousand times easier than the transition from 0-1, for me. Atia is...
LOL! I have only had mine like two or three days now. And she's in it most of the day. lol I didn't know there was a cradle hold! I will check that out. I use the Ergo to cook...to clean...to calm her down...to get her to nap...even to get her to sleep at night...it's like the ultimate baby sleeping pill! LOL! 
Yeah...so I was able to cook a big dinner last night in the Ergo...absolutely made a huge difference in our evening fussy time! I still want a Sakura bloom sling...mostly because they're just gorgeous. lol not too sure if that's worth the money though! Anyone have one of those?
Atia like "At-tee-uh". We like the nickname 'Tia' for whenever she's a bit older. We toyed with xara (said like zara) for a while, but ds absolutely hated it, and I thought it was a bit 'dark'. lol Amazing how long it took to think of the perfect name though!   Yeah, Idk, what the deal is with night time sleep over here...I have no idea how my babies all seem like such easy sleepers. We do sleep skin to skin...like literally belly to belly, and I think that honestly...
oh, I forgot...I do drop the whole ergo down lower...so the straps are looser than I'd ordinarily wear and then I loosen that one side even more. The infant prefold is like folded over twice behind her neck and head.
So, I've only tried it indoors...lol, so I'm still working on the discreetness aspect, but I have her in the insert, but loosen the arm strap on whichever side I'm going to be nursing on like WAY loose. Get her latched on...and then I sort of folded over the top of the insert to really pad where her head/neck is, so it sort of keeps her latched on and then tightened the strap on that side just a bit. It's def. awkward every time I've done it, BUT, once I get us all...
I know! I have no idea how I managed to slim down so fast! My pre-pregnancy pants are 'just' about comfortable again!   How neat that the babywearing group meets so close to you Cindy! I'm a bit jealous!   I got an Ergo off of craigslist today, and WOOT!  SO much easier to nurse and be hands free!!!
It got so slow around here! Everyone must be busy nursing nonstop. lol!   So, we have a name finally...Atia Isobel. And my mellow little one has turned into a demanding little princess. lol I'm so thankful she's my second because she's honestly a bit more of a handful right now than I remember with ds. She seems to have trouble with my fast letdown and I think I've also got an oversupply, so she gets kind of angry at the start of a feeding and acts a bit like I'm...