or Connect

Posts by pregnova

I had premenstrual type crampy sensations all day on the 12th...by evening, there were also contractions...lost some mucus plug, all the signs that labor might happen. Around 3am, woke to three crazy contractions and then my water breaking. Active labor started immediately, and we had our doula over by 6am. A bit after 7am, ds woke to all the noise, and we had a friend come take him for the day. Labor continued to progress...complete back labor I must admit and I hit...
Baby girl born Oct. 13th at 10:40am after 7 hours of active labor!!! 8lb even, 19" long...just PERFECT.
We had a baby this morning! A baby girl, 8lb even...19" long...about 7 hours of active labor. A perfect UC! She's yet to fuss...nurses like a baracuda, and is just the cutest thing ever...we're so in love!
Almonds! Eat a handful of almonds on like an hourly basis for the next few days and see if that helps your BP. And, sea salt...like the grey...alive sort of sea salt that you get at the health food store...and then salt EVERYTHING liberally...not just to taste.    That said, pretty much the only time I'd be ok with a 'natural' induction method...like castor oil or a sweep is if there was very real fear of a medical induction looming. I think if you can get one of...
just a quick fly by to say, DISHWASHER FIXED! Thank goodness! lol I really couldn't possibly imagine hand-washing at this point...especially to start off with practically all our dishes already dirtied! 
bloody mucus?! Exciting Micromama. Hoping it's your time soon! And yes, I was pretty much pissed beyond pissed that he was coming (we got an email saying he'd be here in a few days...and then no other way to contact him!) but idk...somehow it's not bothering me now that he's actually here. We'll see how long that actually lasts though...the minute I've had enough, he'll just have to leave, so we'll see...   Orange moon- Last time I was super weepy right before ds...
Hang in there ladies! Wow! So many already past their guess dates!   My BIL came to visit...sort of a surprise drop in thing...I was NOT pleased about it before he got here, but he's been in a great visiting mood...and helping out ENORMOUSLY with ds, so I really can't complain. And, just like the baby knows that there are other things NOT baby related going on, I've been SOOO crampy...I almost feel like something real is going on, but it's staying more a crampy...
ahh, that is true about the quick, efficient nursing sillymom! I freaked out for the first two weeks of nursing b/c ds only took one breast at a time for MAYBE 5 min. and seemed totally content thereafter to sleep for another two hours or longer. I actually caused myself some nipple trauma and latch problems because I was holding his head on long after he was done...and sort of forcing the breast onto him. We finally got a LC who realized the problem, and she weighed him...
aww, cindy...wish I had more advice! The only other thing that comes to mind is some stuff I remember hearing in a class on homebirthing preterm babies...from around 34 weeks on. They're so sleepy and don't quite have the suckling down...that it's REALLY difficult to keep them exclusively breastfed. It sounded daunting as anything, but beyond all the things I mentioned already, it was stressed that wearing the baby without a shirt or bra...so that you and the baby are...
Cindy- are you keeping her unswaddled for nursing? And even a wet washcloth to put on her feet if she starts drifting off. With ds...I even noticed in the beginning that he nursed better without a diaper on...like between diaper changes... silly sleepy baby!!   Bah! I can't wait for it to be like a storm of babies on here! lol