or Connect

Posts by my5loves

Diabetes and addiction are actually very different and you are taking a drug. Just because it is prescribed doesn't mean it isn't a drug.  Tylenol is a drug. I am very educated and have studied and worked with mothers with addictions and their babies. Getting off heroin was a huge accomplishment and you should be VERY proud of yourself but methadone and subutex are not meant to be taken for life. Good luck with your birth. I wish you nothing but the best. I will leave...
How long do you plan on taking Subutex? Congrats on 5 years of being clean but the idea of methadone or Subutex is to wean you off drugs completely. I am very happy your first baby didn't have any problems. Good luck with your UC and your second baby!! Where I am from Social Services is called for all drug use, including Methadone and Subutex. : (  
I pump about every 5 hours at work. I pump in a quiet room with a rented hospital grade Medela (sp?). I don't pump at all at home, I nurse her very frequently.
My baby is 11 weeks old. When I am home she nurses on demand, often every 2 hours for 40 minutes at a time. When I am at work I pump. After a 12 hour shift I have only pumped a TOTAL of 7 oz. : (     I am taking Fenugreek (2 capsules every 8 hours) and drinking as much water as possible. Any advice for boosting supply? I co sleep and baby wear. I have a lot of anxiety and was prescribed Lexapro. I am scared to take it, though, for fear of the effects on the baby. Any...
Hello, Everyone! This is my first post here. I love this place! I am hoping some patient people will read this whole post and give me some feedback. I am 35 years old. My whole life I dreamed of being a stay at home mom. 5 years ago my husband got hurt on the job. He is now a stay at home dad getting a very tiny amount of money from Workmans Comp and I am forced to work full time. I hate it. I am so jealous that he gets to stay home and I have to miss everything. He is...