or Connect

Posts by sixkids35

Journeymom, yes my periods did get less painful as I got older.
I was 11, a month and a half shy of 12th birthday. My daughter who is now 10 (10/92) started in July when she was 9. It is so sad. She is developed like a 12-13 yo but still immature about certain things. I often am confused on how to "treat" her. Her periods are painful. She doesn't swallow pills very good. I recently bought Orange eseential oils and it seems to help some. Anyone else have any ideas on natural remedies to help her with her painful periods that...
You may want to contact Liz Baldwin, an attorney in Florida who specializes in these sort of thing. Go to www.lalecheleague.org and look at Breastfeeding and the law. Hope this helps. Goodluck! sixkids35
That is wonderful that she feels that way! My kids think we're the worst parents in the world unless we let them do what they want to , when and how they want. I hear the comments "my friend can do this " or "my friend don't have to clean their rooms" "My friend's parents are cool" etc. Even my parents say I'm not "tough enough". I'm doing what I thought was best at the time. I still have hope when the kids are grown, on their own, and have own kids, they'll...
Hello Everyone, With our last tax refund my dh and I bought us 2 frontloading washers and dryers. The second BEST investment we've made so far! The first being a 15 psg van. I don't allow my older kids to do laundry, who are 13 & 10. I'm particular about my washing. I usually dry and fold clothes and let them put it away. I also fold the sock. I HATE mismatched socks! My question is how to get the kids to clean up their rooms?? It is a screaming/ yelling war over...
Hello, This is my first time posting here. I've had one head cold after the other. My dd (4 mos)and ds (2- almost 3yo) now have it since we sleep together in the same bed. My questions are 1. Is NOW Total well being Lipospray ok for me to build my immune system up (I'm breastfeeding)? 2. How can I keep kids healthy the natural way? We are already doing the handwashing and during the winter months run the humidifier with eucalptus essential oil in the water. ...
Hello everyone, I need help answering these questions. I am 45 and 24 weeks pg with our 6th child. I am preparing for my fist homebirth. I'll be tested at about 36 weeks for Strep B. With my 4th I tested positive and was given 1 shot of IV antibiotics. I have a history of relatively short labours. My hb midwife does not administer IV medication. I would really hate to give up on the hb because of this. How well does bf protect? What can I do to improve...
My toddler is 32 months old and I tandem nurse his 3 months old sister. I use the "don't ask, don't refuse" approach. Usually he nurses morning, nap and bedtimes. His sister nurses on demand whenever she wants I will nurse till Joseph is ready to wean. mom to Wes, Brittany, Danielle, Dillon, Joseph and Breanna.
I voted not exactly the same and wouldn't recommend it.
crying it out is when you take your baby into another room and leave him. When you're holding your fussy baby while she/he is crying is not the same. Your child still needs the human touch when they're tring to settle down or get over their fussy periods. Research has shown babies blood pressure, heart rate, etc goes up when crying. I voted they weren't the same.