or Connect

Posts by s_kristina

Julian Rein was born April 12 @ 8:45pm weighing 7lbs 2ozs and 19" long. I am waiting for 24 hours post partum to be up so I can get rid of this mag/sulfate IV and the catheter that goes with it. At that time I will be moved to the post partum ward. Hopefully the brain fog clears up when they let me off the mag so I can write up his birth story.
I am currently reclining in a hospital bed on mag sulfate. They gave me another drug for my bp that I can't recall the name of. I went to a regular scheduled appointment this morning and had very high blood pressure readings that did not come down with relaxing and reclining. I was given my transfers orders to head to the hospital for an induction. We got here and my bp wasn't as high as it had been, but was still not doing well. They did a vaginal exam to decide how to...
I have hit the too cranky for anyone's good point. I am even irritate by the dumb teenage pose of the picture on the left at the top of every freaking page. It's bad when I dumb picture is keeping me from even reading a website
Quote: Originally Posted by bubbamummy AFM today, I actually started having some contractions which freaked DH out, especially when we timed them and for 20 minutes they were 3 minutes apart...which just seems insane! They tapered of thankfully as im SO not ready for this baby yet, especially since he/she is breech and it would mean a c-section-for that i NEEEEED my MIL to be here to take care of DS. So this baby is simply not allowed to try and vacate...
Most of my family is also of the doctor knows best variety as well, but after dealing with allergy issues among other things I've learned more about doctors. The NP my children saw where we used to live was always happy to see any new studies I could bring her on allergies and breastfeeding as she was well aware she didn't know all. I've also seen widely differing advice from doctors on the same subject which means they can't all be right. For me it's very important to...
I live in FL so temperature expectations will obviously be a bit different and I am probably comfortable in different temps then you are. It's been near 90 for several days and even in FL that is crazy for the start of April. Most of my maternity clothes are summer clothes so that isn't a problem, but it's still getting a tad too hot for comfort, for me at least.
After a full day of regular, but mild contractions I think he may have finally gotten moved around so he isn't trying to exit butt first. I really don't want an April Fool's baby so would like to get through this day still pg. I am still having contractions, but they are very irregular and still mild. I am having awful flashbacks to weeks of prodormal labor like I had with ds1. He was born at 41 weeks and I'm currently 36+5 so I could have a long way to go yet. On the...
Quote: Originally Posted by dogretro I need a hemming foot for my machine before I can sew them, which is why I never have. I think I will finally look into ordering one & getting some fancy fabric. I already have a silver set of rings, so that will work. I've made many slings, used to sell them, without having ever using a hemming foot on materials from muslin to brocades. The instructions I always suggest for slings are...
Cute bra, but as usual the cup sizes aren't big enough
When people find out or realize our youngest will be 2 in about a week the normal question is was this one planned or planned this close together. I would never in a million years plan children this close together and feel like I have cheated ds2 of his babyhood by taking his milk away from him so it's a touchy subject for me. We had however discussed a #4 when ds2 was older, but that isn't something I would take the time to discuss with a total stranger. Generally my...