or Connect

Posts by s_kristina

If you are out on the east side of Orlando and felt up to the drive Cape Canaveral is certified Baby Friendly by the WHO and was great with both my boys being med free births. They are great for moms who have to be in a hospital at birth. I wish we were still on that side of the state for this baby.
Ericka hopefully he and you both do well enough he can stay put for a couple more weeks at least. As an fyi 21 month old and the plug for a dell laptop do not mix. We are waiting on a new power cord from Dell so that the battery will charge after ds2 broke off the pin in the cord trying to plug the laptop in. I had a mostly good checkup yesterday. My blood pressure was in the ok range and everything looked good on us with his heart, stomach and all. I had a 3hr...
So far I have told online friends who I know won't make stupid comments about his name. I have not announced his name on facebook as I have too many family members there. I seriously doubt any of them would use the name Julian and none are pg at the moment. We had a bad experience with sharing names when I was pg with dd. Everyone like both the name choices, but when we had a girl my sister used the middle name we had for a boy for her dd. It is a family name so it's not...
Employee in a store specifically aimed at teens sees someone go in a dressing room then shortly after does not see feet under the dressing room curtain. I'm guessing he expected to catch someone in an act, but not the one he saw.
We use Boudreaux's Butt Paste for any diaper issues. I liked it better before the little company in LA was bought up by a big corporation following Katrina, but c'est la vie. We were recently given some toddler size diapers which are still big on ds2, but will be very handy when we need to pass on the infant diapers. Along with those we were given most of a roll or rice paper and I have taken to using that as a barrier if he needs any diaper cream. It's more of a hassle...
Quote: Originally Posted by dhinderliter to push the st. bernard through the doggie door you have to be extremely uncomfortable! OMG I think that might be the best explanation of being ready to give birth I have ever heard!
I'm 27 weeks and have had colustrum rather than milk for at least a couple months now. I know when I was nursing dd while pg due to dehydration I was dry nursing from 11 weeks on, but neither dry nursing or colustrum slowed her down. This is the third pg I have nursed through and colustrum has not stopped any of them. This time around my nursling will be 2 shortly before my edd so I was very worried at the possibility of him weaning while I was pg. It has been very...
When we knew we were going to end up homeless we went through things giving away baby things on freecycle and craigslist and getting rid of anything that looked like it would not hold up to storage. Work did not pick up for dh and we did end up homeless. All of the baby things we did not get rid of are still in storage which is at least a couple months past due and stressing me out badly with the way this pg is going. Thankfully we do both have jobs now and if dh ever gets...
dena - sorry to hear of your mother's passing. pepper - after trying off and on for years to sew jersry material on a sewing machine I gave up. It was far too stressful to be worth it to me. The serger I was given isn't a ton better with thin knits, but I can get something done with them at least. My bp has been very high for the past week which had me spending a ton of time laying down on my side. I'm guessing from my reactions that I am having blood sugar issues...
I took both the boys car seat covers off to get them cleaned a few weeks ago. I also had to take the harness off ds1's Nautilus at that time so had the back off it. It was a time consuming process to get all the hooks undone and getting them back where they go was fun as well, but it does come all the way off. I had more trouble getting the seat back off so I could get the harness off than removing the cover to clean it ever was. For some silly reason we let the kids eat...