or Connect

Posts by ladylukk

• so far I've made this for my wine loving mother-in-law! :) (and one for myself, of course!) • Coffee liquor in swingtop bottles for the men. • Vanilla extract in swingtop bottles for the women. • and magnet boards for the kiddies/cousins with themed fabric that fits them & their rooms with Fun magnets! similar to this ...
these are great stories and such a terrific idea for a thread! My soon to be 3 year old son had his first temper tantrum ever at Target today and it had really gotten me down and reading such happy stories makes me brighten up! Both of my sons 3 and 1 are down for naps and now I miss them and i want to go wake them up and give them hugs! haha! Thank you ladies!!
still chilly here in PA ~ So! I am still using the crockpot! Tonight is Shredded Salsa Chicken Taco/Wraps. I love being able to throw my chicken breasts in the crockpot frozen and just shred them up at the end to soak up all of those delicious juices! Last night I made Quinoa Stuffed Pepper Cups but had a ton of veggies in the fridge from the farmer's market so i loaded them up with asparagus, mushrooms, carrots. It was delish and made so much extra that i put some...
i have to think that snack plates are a good place to start! I discovered them on pinterest of all places and can't help but think that these little gems are the cure all to overboard, unhealthy snacking. You make a plate of snacks either the night before or the day of - fruits, vegetables, nuts - and then on that day you only SNACK on those items. You will of course keep up with the healthy meals you provide for yourself and your family, but also at snack time - which...
one HUGE all natural, safe for toddlers and pregnant/nursery women is Kefir. Can be find in the organic section of your grocery store or even in the dairy section! kefir is the original probiotic and it strengthens all of those germ fighting antibodies. Dated back 2000 years it is a delicious drink and can be used in smoothies, etc. It tastes a lot like a slightly more liquidy greek yogurt. I bought some kefir grains from amazon.com and started making our own and it's...
oh, if i could hug you i would! My son was 2m old when he developed eczema and it totally broke my heart. he is now 14months old and has generally grown out of it, just has some dry skin that is cured with some lotion. But at the time I didn't know what to do ... there was a lot of trial and error. I found that Coconut Oil was great for his skin. bathing every few days, and not using any eczema cream or lotion out of a pump bottle bc the number one ingredient is water...
Don't know if you are a part of pinterest (if you aren't you definitely should be!! :) but this pin has been going around a lot and it's such a great idea! actually have some rosemary in the fridge right now that I'm going to be doing this too. Freezing Fresh herbs into olive oil so that you can drop t into the pan when making dishes ~ great idea!   Check it out! http://www.thegardenerseden.com/?p=13221
I made bean bags for the kids in the family this past christmas and used the Trader Joe's Organic Popping Corn kernels! I was going to use beans or split peas but I heard if they get wet then they sprout inside the bag. :) and with little kids drooling as much as they do I didn't want to take the risk. I was worried that Popcorn Kernels would have sharp edges that would poke out of the bag but NONE. They are super smooth, the perfect weight, and make the perfect bean bag...
I BF'd and then switched my son over to coconut milk at about 10months. He didn't have any problems with it! I would say go for it. :) GOOD LUCK!
I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. You sound like a very strong woman and I'm sure will be able to overcome this as well. Lots of hugs and prayers your way!