or Connect

Posts by linnea27

I took EPO for my second labour. I had a very fast labour (two hours, compared to my 16-hour first baby) with no tearing. I took it primarily because my midwife said she believes EPO to reduce tearing, and I was willing to try anything that might reduce tearing. And it might have worked- I didn't tear at all.
I second (third?) chiropractic. My first was OP, with his bum on the extreme right side of my body throughout my pregnancy. I did the spinningbabies moves and they didn't do anything (they hurt, actually- I did the inversion and I felt this intense full-body pain and I lost my vision for a moment. I didn't try that one again. I'm eyeing up the "don't do them if you are at risk of stroke" comment above, and although I don't have any risk factors that I know of, it felt...
You know, I know exactly four women who have taken castor oil to induce labour, and every.single.one has a story like yours- labour stalled at 6 or 7 cms.   I'm no medical expert, but I'm thinking if your water is intact, there's no harm in waiting for nature to take it's course. Stay in touch with your midwife, monitor for anything out of the ordinary, and wait. Good luck!
I really, really doubt it.   Although ultrasound is notoriously inaccurate as far as some things go (weight estimates in the third tri comes to mind), the odds of being off by 6 weeks at a 7 week ultrasound have to be, well, zero. There is a big difference between a 7 week old embryo and 13 week old fetus. HUGE. Likewise, if you were six weeks further along than originally thought, you'd be approaching your due date in a couple weeks. How are your fundal...
fundal massage?
just to update, since I see people are still reading this: I feel much better now, thankfully. I found a few things helped. The first was time. After time, my memories of the pain faded, and that helped immensely. Once I couldn't "feel" the pain in my mind, it didn't seem so bad. I really think I was somewhat traumatized by how much pain I was in, as it really was much more intense than with my first labour. I was looking at a couple of the pictures my husband took...
I don't recall much of a mess. I had a home waterbirth. When getting out of the tub I bled a little bit onto the floor, but one of the midwives got down on her hands and knees and cleaned it. The midwives took care of virtually everything, including the garbage and a load of laundry, and after they left, you wouldn't have guessed what had happened in that room just hours before.
Like I said, the child protection legislation in my jurisdiction is quite clear that we can remove any child if just cause is found whether they are a citizen or not. If they are not a citizen, we are to notify the consulate of their country of birth but continue to keep them in care.   If you are talking about the YFZ ranch in Texas (I'm not going to go through 20 pages of posts to confirm but I suspect you are) it was ruled that the children were to be returned because...
as a child protection social worker, i can confirm that this is true. we do not have access to birth certificates, nor do we have the resources to randomly check in on people. we know about kids when people report. period. reporters are often neighbours. we contact the parents based on the contact information provided by the reporter. if warranted according to the law, we remove. no where in there do we ask for birth certificates- in fact, in my jurisdiction anyway, the...
I had bleeding in the first tri. Midwife diagnosed subchorionic hemorrhage. I went on to have an uneventful pregnancy and homebirth.   Good luck!